Looks very interesting and cheaper powerhead

joshsamsj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read several posts from other people saying the sensor did not ship with their pump. I emailed them because mine doesnt work they told me they wouldnt replace it. They see it as a bonus i guess if you get one and it works great but if not oh well. The pump is awesome the sensor is the only problem i have with it. Still a hundred bucks well spent

gwhook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used mine for a day and I would say overall I am pleased with it. For the price it has a great deal of power and will generated a good sized wave, at least in my 90 gal. My only dislike is the sensor part. This could be deigned better. I can say I have to put my ear to the motor to make sure it is running. It is very quiet. Now is it better than the MP-40, no. The MP 40 has greater control of flow power and more settings. Now that being said for the price I feel it is a great purchase. I am going to purchase another one next week. We will see how long they hold up.

gwhook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good

I have used mine for a day and I would say overall I am pleased with it. For the price it has a great deal of power and will generated a good sized wave, at least in my 90 gal. My only dislike is the sensor part. This could be deigned better. I can say I have to put my ear to the motor to make sure it is running. It is very quiet. Now is it better than the MP-40, no. The MP 40 has greater control of flow power and more settings. Now that being said for the price I feel it is a great purchase. I am going to purchase another one next week. We will see how long they hold up.

Jrfalconer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having trouble getting the sensor to work properly. When my lights go off at night the sensor is working and the pump goes into the night mode. But when I get up in the morning about 6:30 am, the pump is back in day mode and my lights are still off. Does the pump only stay in the night mode for predetermined amount of hours?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

joshsamsj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just toss the sensor. Mine will slow the pump down when the lights are dim but at complete darkness it starts up again.

gwhook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sensor is working so far. It has been a week or so. I did have trouble with it staying in place but I worked with it and it is doing it's job. What power supply has anyone used to lower the speed of the pump. It is blowing the sand on the other end of my tank. Does any one know what volts it is using from factory.

nhago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody having problem with shipping due to North Korea tension.. A friend just told me his order is delayed because of that!

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

joshsamsj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24 volts. I got my power supply from amazon. You can choose from 12 to 24 volts. It doesnt have a name on it i got the link off another forum

Jrfalconer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I think I'm going to order one of these. Does anyone else want one? We could split shipping. I think if we get three pumps ordered, I think there's some free shipping upgrade. If no one else wants one, no biggie. I may order today so speak up ASAP.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is you someone from mtrc here on r2r

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115313

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

If anyone wants one it looks like we are trying to do a group buy if you can paypal money to pickupman. Hes checking on shipping to see if it will arive before the mtrc swap follow that link for more details and to possibly get in on it.

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mel My nephew in Charleston has been running his for about 6 months in his 90 reef and has nothing but good things to say about it.He says the trick is the DC power supply ,believe he said he's running it at 15 volts and it's all the tank wants.The thing is a beast cranked up!

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not going to get the variable power supply because in the 120, I'll want it run at 24V. If I had a smaller tank, I'd get it but in a 120...I think the flow will be fine!

I'm glad to hear that everyone likes them!!!

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fish will hate you, i have a 150 tall so its 4ft long. I liked the flow with pump on 24volts, but i notice my fish wasnt swimming much around. When i slow the pump down to 17 volts, my tang and anthias started cruising the tank again.

Just a thought for you to think about.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tunze 6105 full blast with regular flow head blows my sand around on the other side of my 6' tank and is to much flow for the toadstool thats there too. So i Use the wide flow head. If you have barebottom and sps only you might be ok.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back