Looks very interesting and cheaper powerhead

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im buying one when they are released. I already have 1 wp40 but think another wp40 would be too much. So im buying one of these to put on the other side to help with dead spots.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhhhh I can't wait!!!!! PayPal account is ready and waiting ;) Thanks for sharing the pic and video. Two 25's on my 75 mixed will be PERFECT!!! It's like waiting on a contest lol --> lurking<-- lol

So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!

Last edited:

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometime the end of this month or first few weeks of may is what the rumors are projecting

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.. I sorta copied this from the RC thread.

Mine came in last week. I really like them so far. ENGLOID AND EVIL MEL. you will have to let me know how yours are working out...

I have my pair installed on my 180 on each end directly below a sea swirl (sump return). in the W1 mode, they are WAY too strong. I did get the variable power supply and as of now, i have been using that at 18 volts and I rather have liked them in w1 mode. They are both dialed to the slowest setting. one of them runs slightly faster pulses than the other so they do create a good wave pattern in my tank. I elected to mount the controllers under my tank in the stand as it just felt much neater to me. This posed 1 issue. Night mode. so, I re-arranged a few of my plugs on my RKE and let it control them directly (I also have a closed loop on my tank). I had them set to cut off at night. problem was that one of them came back on in HIgh mode and about blew my frogspawns over from 4 feet away.

I was about to move the controllers to the hood when I got to looking at the sensors. simple photocell with small diameter wire. basically a photosensitive switch. when provided light, it is open. without, it is closed. SO I went to the garage and attached it firmly to a piece of 2 pole wire about the same gauge as the terminals were. ran that down to my controller and it worked turning the pumps on and off as I hid it from the light. I spliced in another pig tail and now both controllers are running off the same Photocell. the wire I had was for garage safety sensors, so it worked perfectly. Both turn off when the moonlights come on. and yes, as others have also noted, in pitch black, they can come back on in to their modes. so, let your moonlights run all night long or at least till you have some daylight.

Overall I really like them. I may test out the else mode and see how they do like that without my closed loop which is powered by a dart.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up mine from EvilMel today. I put it in my 220g display...and I made the right choice by NOT getting the variable voltage thing. With this pump about 6in from the water surface, pointed about 5-10 degrees downward, I'm getting waves of about 3/4" across the top. If I point it up, it will throw water out of the tank easily. I don't notice much difference inside the tank by moving it around or angling it different...just changes in the water surface, which changes the shimmering effect of the light through the water surface. I haven't messed with the photocell, and may not. I guess the dial on the controller has something to do with it, or what??? Thanks PickupMan for organizing this, and thanks for Mel for picking it up at the swap for me.

OP
OP
uf_gators

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you got a deal for 2 wireless mp10's for 400.00 would you do it ? Vs waiting on the Jebo wp25's just wondering......

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, thx bct15. That's what I was thinking. Now is to go with the purchase and then save up for the batt backup. For power outage. Just in case! Lol

I''ve been looking at battery backups. Which ones are you looking at?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am tinkering with my setup. I killed the closed loop today and set them to 24 volts and Else mode. I kinda like it. to keep the water in it from souring I am going to run it for 5 minutes a day unless anyone thinks I should run it more. if I really like it, I may look to close it off entirely and then drain it.

the knob on the controller ONLY controls the speed at which it changes. in W1 it is the on off speed. in all other it is time it stays at a frequency. Else mode is just pretty random. at night they really slow down when you have the photocell installed. Make sure the unit is unplugged from power strip before inserting or removing this .

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am tinkering with my setup. I killed the closed loop today and set them to 24 volts and Else mode. I kinda like it. to keep the water in it from souring I am going to run it for 5 minutes a day unless anyone thinks I should run it more. if I really like it, I may look to close it off entirely and then drain it.

the knob on the controller ONLY controls the speed at which it changes. in W1 it is the on off speed. in all other it is time it stays at a frequency. Else mode is just pretty random. at night they really slow down when you have the photocell installed. Make sure the unit is unplugged from power strip before inserting or removing this .

So if I'm on w1 mode and turn dial down the pump swithes off and on frequently. With dial turned up it changes at less frequent intervals?

It seemed to me that w1 wS a mode that went off and on. W2 and w3 sloped up and down...and else mode I didn't mess with much.

But in short, the dial changes the speed of whichever cycle the mode simulates?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes. precisely. turn it clockwise to lengthen the interval. counterclockwise to shorten. Yes. w1 is on off pulse, W2 and w3 are ramp up and down. else it just goes all different speeds randomly.

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25,25,25,25,25 I want you now lol

So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!

gwhook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best translation I could find

Starting at home, Jie Bao WP-40 variable frequency adjustable wave pump available, the effects can be fully compared with well-known international brand the TUNZE or VORTECH, welcome to consult and order! ! !
Product Features:
The product uses Magnetic base, at any time convenient to adjust the pump position, can be adsorbed 15MM thickness glass, low-power, DC24V safe voltage, operating power of 28W, can reach 13000L / H water flow, the use of intelligent circuit system, multi-style the regulatory function, so that the pump ever-changing, low price, high efficiency, fully simulate the waves of the ocean, push, turbulence, the slim volume of strong currents completely spike made ​​flow pump! ! !
An explanation of how
1, up to 6 modes to choose from: "MODE" button to cycle through each mode, the mode functions are as follows:

H: maximum flow fixed manufacturing flow mode;

L: 1/3 of the maximum flow flow fixed manufacturing flow mode;

W1: classic made ​​wave mode;

Using this mode with the knob to adjust the wave form, due to the size of the cylinder volume of water in the cylinder do not need the knob to adjust the wave period, only when the length of a wave length of the cylinder is equal to the wave reaches the maximum; knob clockwise adjustment , increasing the length of the waveform to reduce the wave length adjustment counterclockwise.
Adjustment techniques: adjust the wave, a slight adjustment knob after each fine-tuning to go through more than a dozen wonderful time to observe the waves, when adjusted to from the waves, adjusted to the optimum waveform with respect to Annex;
W2, W3: ordinary fixed program made ​​to flow a wave mode;

This two modes by the knob to change the the fixed program's effect, need to be adjusted according to the creatures in the water;

Else: Indefinite program made ​​flow wave mode;

According aquatic life need to be changed by adjusting the knob indefinite program effect;

2, feeding function: Press the "FEED" button, the "10min" (light blue) indicator light, making waves pump stopped working, the water still, to facilitate fish eating, after 10 minutes made ​​waves pump automatically according to the mode before feeding start work, such as in the feeding process need to return to work, the time you press the "FEED" button once;

3, the lock knob parameters: long press the "FEED" key until the "LOCK" red light, which means that the lock knob parameter adjustment knob does not change the wave shape.
The purpose is to prevent the wave good tune, inadvertently adjusting knob again to change wavy. To unlock and then transferred wave, can long press the "FEED" key until the red indicator light turns off;
4, light control functions: control box on the left needle transposon photosensitive element seat.
Such as photosensitive element can be removed without light control function.
Function: Baitian Jiang light sensor "yellow light off, control function 6 wave mode (green light).
Low light at night, "Sensor lights, stop making waves mode operation, while a weak push water feature.
Specifications:
Diameter 9.2CM * Length 11.8CM outlet diameter 5.6CM

OP
OP
uf_gators

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I pulled the trigger and went vortech mp10's deal. Only cause both will sync with each other and couldn't wait any longer . These stupid sicce and hydor pumps are driving me crazy. As soon as these get here if you want you can have these headaches. Freaking backwards pumping point of sale. lol
Btw, the sicce went in the trash at the aquarium today, cause it was 1 month out of warranty. Now I am saving for a battery back up for power outage season. I guess I'm listening to k2park star a while back. U get what you pay for. Lol
I'd rather enjoy my reef tank than have to mess with crap equip.... Lesson learned. But if I could wait , I still would have tried the wp25's. if and when ever they come out....

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back