OP
AquaBelle

AquaBelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a total nem dolt but right now I feel like one

IMG_1033.JPG IMG_1287.JPG IMG_1151.JPG Just to let you know, I'm not usually a nem dolt:

OP
OP
AquaBelle

AquaBelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:rolleyes::confused::confused:
I can say the stock LED's in the new Biocube a pretty weak. Somewhere in the mid 50's for Max Par per the specs I read. I upgraded mine pretty much as soon as the cycle was complete.
What did you upgrade them with and can the lid still close? I'm going to add a sandsifter, maybe a diamondback Goby and they jump (personal experience) :confused:

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
AquaBelle

AquaBelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with a Steves LED in hood kit. You keep the stock hood but rip and replace the lights. Rapid LED also makes a similar kit and SBreeflights may also have one.

http://www.stevesleds.com/Biocube-32-LED-System-Plug-and-Play_p_332.html
Thanks! Love SB Reef Lights! That's what I've had and need to upgrade on my 40 and 100g. They are very accommodating and Mike is extremely knowledgeable. I feel fortunate that they are here and just recently opened a LFS! Be watching for corals online in the future (I think). Again, much thanks and I'll check out all of your suggestion.

OP
OP
AquaBelle

AquaBelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Shado
I with my clown would play in mine I got 3 and won't look at them.
Hi! My juvie ocellaris has no idea that the nem is his home. I'm bringing a much smaller nem loving baby so he may teach his elder. As you can see, my Clarkies and Maroon adore their nems. It's the first time I've had clowns host. I selected my Maroon and his personal anemone and they've both been happy campers. And my Clarkies will host just about anything but the larger (female) is very possessive of her purple nem as you can see from the photo.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back