OP
OP
AquaBelle

AquaBelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pull the scolly out of the shade they do require light it looks like it's having issues acclamating leave it on the sand but in the light.[/QUOTE
Ooooops! I just reread my post and I forgot to say that I waited a week after the clown and anenome before adding the Toby and the larger RBTA on week 6 and on week 7 (Saturday) I added the flower anenome and Scolys. Sorry...my bad!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the system been up and running?

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 months old and cycled after 4 weeks
This could also be a problem RBTA's need absolutely 100% stability no swings in anything at all, personally anemones shouldn't be consider until at least the 6 month mark IMO. I've killed my fair share and had learned that lesson the hard way :oops:

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmmmm I replaced my lights on the biocube, I couldn't keep zoas happy. All of them had 2-3" stocks trying to reach for the light. I would recommend upgrading the light imo. Also move the scolys out of shade [emoji16]

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This could also be a problem RBTA's need absolutely 100% stability no swings in anything at all, personally anemones shouldn't be consider until at least the 6 month mark IMO. I've killed my fair share and had learned that lesson the hard way :oops:

I got 3 in my tank no issues tank is 3 months old

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are always exceptions; 6 months is suggested to help increase odds of success. Not to say is impossible to have happy nems in a young tank; just less likely.

So, bravo. :)
Yep! And bio cubes are even harder due to salinity swings! I recommend getting an ATO unit!

OP
OP
AquaBelle

AquaBelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmmmm I replaced my lights on the biocube, I couldn't keep zoas happy. All of them had 2-3" stocks trying to reach for the light. I would recommend upgrading the light imo. Also move the scolys out of shade [emoji16]
I was judging looking into replacing the stock lighting. And the Scolys will see light. Thanks.

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are always exceptions; 6 months is suggested to help increase odds of success. Not to say is impossible to have happy nems in a young tank; just less likely.

So, bravo. :)
Very true my bubble tried to commit suicide today disided to go park his but 1 inch from my condi. Thank god the condi was tucked away inside of its rock.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 months old and cycled after 4 weeks

The reason for my question is the same as other have stated in some past posts, and I agree that the system need more time to mature. Some get lucky and place anemone in the tank, when the system is fairly new and have success. Myself it took me over a year to keep an anemone alive, that was after three attempts:eek:and now I think it split last night. I do have my minor swings of parameters and salinity still, but one thing I did find is I feed twice a weed directly and the anemone is very healthy.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its likely its not light save that it could be acclimation. I would definitely get some nem guards on the powerheads and overflow. 3am leaving for work to have the MRS deal with the eviscerated nem is no bueno..

OP
OP
AquaBelle

AquaBelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its likely its not light save that it could be acclimation. I would definitely get some nem guards on the powerheads and overflow. 3am leaving for work to have the MRS deal with the eviscerated nem is no bueno..
I've learned my lesson the hard way *sigh*. I have 3 other mature Tanks (1, 3, and 5 years running). I'm focusing on these and will keep the biocube a 3 fish only. Testing water daily for a week to make certain nitrates, nitrates, and ammonia are staying at 0. Water salinity appears to stay stable with RO fresh water when needed. Thanks.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've learned my lesson the hard way *sigh*. I have 3 other mature Tanks (1, 3, and 5 years running). I'm focusing on these and will keep the biocube a 3 fish only. Testing water daily for a week to make certain nitrates, nitrates, and ammonia are staying at 0. Water salinity appears to stay stable with RO fresh water when needed. Thanks.
yup. My first nem melted pretty much as soon as it hit the water. No clue why. Params "spot on" as the usually are when stuff goes wrong.:confused:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back