Lost Connection to Apex Sky???

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if anyone else has run into sudden issues with their Apex Sky Lights. My lights here should be currently in "off" as its night time for my tank. However, about an hour ago one of my two sky lights suddenly turned on and I could not get it to turn off. I gave it 20 min, and after it didn't go off on its own, I thought maybe it will refresh itself if I open up the apex fusion app and go to my lights there. When I opened up the app it notified me I had a firmware update to Apex to version 5.11.6A23. Directly after this install the app lost complete connection to Apex. After trying to reset the wifi of the Apex I finally was able to restore connection back. However, in the app I could not find my lights at all, as it was saying I do not have any lights configured. I tried then to reprogram them; but no matter what I did Apex would not "find" my lights. So I took the drastic step of hard resetting my lights and trying to set them back up fresh. But still, Apex will not recognize my lights at all.

I'm wondering if Apex has done something to crash there systems. It seems like they did something to screw up my lights; just wondering if anyone else has experience something similar tonight. For context, this happened to me on Sept 6 around 10pm central time.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let see if we can get you some answers :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back