Lost it all: An electrical warning

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well being a good person Karma paid off, the insurance came back with the max I was insured for. They disallowed the corals and fish but I was expecting that. You need to have a separate rider for that. Now the wait for to get back into the hobby for six months. I will not do anything in the temp house. Thank you all for the kind thoughts and words. I will keep you advised as the Coralife news as it happens.
Glad to hear the outcome was positive.

OP
OP
lestat45559

lestat45559

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, the inspectors from the fire dept, my insurance and Coralife did their thing and it was determined on the visit that I did not misuse the product, whatever that means is unknown. but maybe they will help me get back into the hobby as a sign of good faith.

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to my neck of the woods. :) I'm in derry nh. You? Goodluck with the rebuild. Great start.

OP
OP
lestat45559

lestat45559

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also just received this email from Coralife, "
Hello Mr. Daley,

Your insurance, USAA has retained legal counsel regarding this incident and as a result we are unable to communicate with you while this issue is under investigation."

I send them mail asking them if they wanted to help me get fully back into the hobby.

OP
OP
lestat45559

lestat45559

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to hear. I hate hearing of suck stories.

Thank you, yes we lost everything we owned and one of our cats passed but the wife and I were fine (happened while we were at work), plus everything points to the powerstip/timer. But I doubt USAA will get anything, my research shows no one has received a dime from any power strip company. The thing that hurt hobby wise was all the livestock none of that is covered, there was approx. 8-9 k there alone. I just bought a lot of items from sponsors here, I think I had the J. Fox items about 12 days. Next to my cat the loss of Herman my Gem Tang hurts the most. But in the end we are fine and moved on and have a whole lot less clutter and the move was easy.

Brian

jamie callard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this but thinking twice of using it at this time

20160310_211645.jpg

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 69 51.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back