Lost My Female False Perc. Clownfish(Mated Pair)

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sad to report that I noticed tonight my female false perc was missing. Upon further investigation I found her in my cabinet under the tank. She jumped at some point but not sure exactly when. I've had the mated pair for more than 10 years so needless to say I'm a little upset. The male seems lost without his lady. They've reproduced scores of times over the years. I never tried to raise any of the fry. I just thought it was pretty neat when they did. I also used their mating as a sign the tank was doing well.

I loved having the pair. Can I add another or is it best to just let the remaining one be?
Thanks!:(

A13X

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss.
I was in the same situation a few weeks back. I actually was able to buy a mated pair and put the female in with my male. They immediately paired. The male I was able to put in my sons nano and it paired up with his female.
Anyway, it's possible. I just would do it soon. I've read that a male will turn female if he's the only clown in the tank.

OP
OP
rc1626

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. Major bummer!!! Going to see if I can get another and hope for the best. I appreciate the condolences and feedback.
Thanks again.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back