Loud MP-40 fix

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cheesus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cheesus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2020
Messages
287
Reaction score
178
Location
Cedar Rapids
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Recently I had an MP-40 fall off the tank. Right after it sounded really bad. You could hear it across the house almost. It is out of warranty so I decided to take it apart and see if I could repair it.

What I found was that Ecotech uses a wavy washer on the back bearing, and it had crushed a bit. That is holding tension so the front plates don't touch. I went to a local hardware store and found one that matched for $.75 and it is back to being quiet. Wanted to post this up in case someone else runs into this issue, it may not be the bearings.
 
Gonna update: Bearing did go yesterday. Tried to replace and the collar shattered. If anyone has a MP-40 QD for parts let me know!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new