Love my MP40s but hate Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Etto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added my 3rd mp40 mobius ready last week and Hated it. I ended up downgrading it and now use it with my reaflink to match the other 2 Mp40.
I just watched to ecotech video. Did the downgrade go as easy as it is shown? I have 2 MP40s and want to integrate into my Apex.

OP
OP
arvind

arvind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just watched to ecotech video. Did the downgrade go as easy as it is shown? I have 2 MP40s and want to integrate into my Apex.
Spent several hours downgrading and upgrading back. It simply doesn't pair with Apex anymore.

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I followed the instructions from that video and I let the downgrade run for thirty minutes before I realized that it had an error. Started again from the beginning and I think I was done in 5 minutes or less. I don’t know why I got the error.

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vortech and xr15 don't even connect anymore to the app. Don't believe the hype.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the pumps, hate mobius. Seems like a massive step back from WXM. I bought a spare WXM just as NS discontinued it.

Etto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a WXM on ebay last week. Hooked it up last night. First one went fine, second took a couple of resets but eventually got it hooked up. I like setting it up on the Apex. I like being able to adjust when not at home. Mobius just isn't there yet. Really unbelievable that a new app wouldn't have remote ability.

ahuynh616

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The hardware is amazing. The software sucks. My MP40s disconnect from the app everyday. I have 3 MP40s and they are never all connected unless I unplug and plug them back in. Power cycling doesn't work.

I've contacted their support a few times and they are helpful, but its the same solutions that don't prevent the issue from reoccuring.

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hardware is amazing. The software sucks. My MP40s disconnect from the app everyday. I have 3 MP40s and they are never all connected unless I unplug and plug them back in. Power cycling doesn't work.

I've contacted their support a few times and they are helpful, but its the same solutions that don't prevent the issue from reoccuring.
Reef link much better choice

Falcar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I downgraded it broke something...they had to send me some new parts (I believe the wireless module)

Gabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running an Mp40 and Mp 10 through mobius. The mp10 is an old QD that I got the new mobius driver for about a year and a half ago. I would love to integrate the mps into a more custom front-end and am willing to do it through hardware (0-10v) or some sort of API. Are you guys recommending reef-link because it is more reliable or more feature rich? Regardless, I would need to buy the $200 reef link module right?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also downgraded and continued to use my reeflink with my pumps.....wasn't feeling the app at all, plus my lighting was already set up through the reeflink.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back