Lovin' my Juvenile Loepard Wrasse

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had to show off the newest member of my reef! I picked up a juvenile Leopard Wrasse this past weekend. Absolutely love this fish. I've always loved wrasses and have been seeing a fair amount of Leopards recently when out cleaning customers tanks as I work at my LFS. We got 3 in last week and I waited to make sure they were healthy and eating to take one home. He's loving the Reef and spending his days picking for flat worms and tasty bits on the rocks. Good thing I got a hammer frag this past week that had a bunch of flat worms on it. I dipped it but still lots made it into my tank. Rather I should say good thing I got the wrasse! Bye bye flat worms!

Not sure if everyone will be able to see the video, some will some wont. Sorry! IMG_20200901_150135.jpg MVIMG_20200901_150132.jpg

Attachments

• VID_20200901_150357.mp4
    68.1 MB

Fonn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a blue star leopard wrasse, my favorite. I used to have a pair, but sine going for bare bottom tank, I ended up selling them to a buddy of mine. Great fish to have in a reef tank and fun to watch. Thanks for sharing :p

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your first leopard. She is adorable. Enjoy watching her change male and the color. Watching the transition and them going to bed are my favorite thing about them

skydirt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome fish. I have had one for 2yrs and just got a new baby for new tank. He's barely a inch and half but is still the most outgoing in a large tank full of tangs

OP
OP
Luckyduck

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your first leopard. She is adorable. Enjoy watching her change male and the color. Watching the transition and them going to bed are my favorite thing about them
Yes that's right I forgot they start female and turn male!

OP
OP
Luckyduck

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome fish. I have had one for 2yrs and just got a new baby for new tank. He's barely a inch and half but is still the most outgoing in a large tank full of tangs
Awesome! I've gotta upgrade tanks soon. Got her in a 20 cube with 3 tank mates. Gonna outgrow the cube quick.

OP
OP
Luckyduck

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a blue star leopard wrasse, my favorite. I used to have a pair, but sine going for bare bottom tank, I ended up selling them to a buddy of mine. Great fish to have in a reef tank and fun to watch. Thanks for sharing :p
Yes Blue star! We had a black in at the shop but she didn't make it. The Blues are my favorite too. So fun watching her hunt on the Reef all day!

Back