OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 28mg iron pills dosing into 240g system . What are your calculations to bring to detectable iron levels from 0. What’s the dosing schedule ?
A little late to this conversation lol, anyway using a red sea iron pro test kit, figured out after trial and error that 3.5 ml daily of red sea iron keeps the levels good. GHA refeugium is on 24 hrs daily btw

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
A little late to this conversation lol, anyway using a red sea iron pro test kit, figured out after trial and error that 3.5 ml daily of red sea iron keeps the levels good. GHA refeugium is on 24 hrs daily btw
I’m using tablets with 28mg strength dissolved in 28ml of water . 1ml/1mg strength .

I was wondering what is the formula

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using tablets with 28mg strength dissolved in 28ml of water . 1ml/1mg strength .

Don't really have a formula TBH, just enough that the coral are healthy, though one of my platygyra has been browned out for awhile but I'm 90% sure it's cause I don't feed it enough.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Red Sea recommendation is crazy high. Iron can be way way lower and be fine.

Heres my Fergon recipe:

One Fergon tablet (ferrous gluconate) contains 27 mg of iron. Dissolve that in about 27 mL RO/DI (my recommendation, but other concentrations are OK, just don't dilute too much), the concentration is about 27 mg/27 ml ~ 1 mg/mL.

I dose ~1 mL to my tank with a volume of about 300 gallons ) once or twice a week.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back