Low iron. How much to dose?

I have the 28mg iron pills dosing into 240g system . What are your calculations to bring to detectable iron levels from 0. What’s the dosing schedule ?
A little late to this conversation lol, anyway using a red sea iron pro test kit, figured out after trial and error that 3.5 ml daily of red sea iron keeps the levels good. GHA refeugium is on 24 hrs daily btw
 
A little late to this conversation lol, anyway using a red sea iron pro test kit, figured out after trial and error that 3.5 ml daily of red sea iron keeps the levels good. GHA refeugium is on 24 hrs daily btw
I’m using tablets with 28mg strength dissolved in 28ml of water . 1ml/1mg strength .

I was wondering what is the formula
 
I’m using tablets with 28mg strength dissolved in 28ml of water . 1ml/1mg strength .

I was wondering what is the formula
Don't really have a formula TBH, just enough that the coral are healthy, though one of my platygyra has been browned out for awhile but I'm 90% sure it's cause I don't feed it enough.
 
I’m using tablets with 28mg strength dissolved in 28ml of water . 1ml/1mg strength .

I was wondering what is the formula

The Red Sea recommendation is crazy high. Iron can be way way lower and be fine.

Heres my Fergon recipe:

One Fergon tablet (ferrous gluconate) contains 27 mg of iron. Dissolve that in about 27 mL RO/DI (my recommendation, but other concentrations are OK, just don't dilute too much), the concentration is about 27 mg/27 ml ~ 1 mg/mL.

I dose ~1 mL to my tank with a volume of about 300 gallons ) once or twice a week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new