Low light coral suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter cdemoss01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My blastos do great in low light, practically shaded.
IMG_7136.jpeg
Oh sweet
 
Aren't those extremely hard to take care of?
Nope!

My fathead dendrophyllia colony likes a nice random mid/higher flow. In my experience, the higher flow makes them extend and are usually always out.

I spot feed them once, sometimes twice a week. They're situated near the feeding area of my tank, and are excellent at catching food.

You can see the new "heads" on the lower left.

 
I'd do blastos. My red cynarina also liked low light and easy flow. Some shrooms do well in lower light.
Good call on the cynarina. That's a high impact coral as well.
 
Blastos and mushrooms as mentioned are a good choice, I’ve got a couple leptastrea that are doing very well in low light as well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new