Low pH issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter sergifed91
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2018
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
475
Location
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been battling low pH these last few days. Nights I there's a good breeze but day time no breeze and air is stagnet. I threw in a air line at. 440 this afternoon. Noticed in about a 2 hour period a great increase. I'm going to see where it's at by 9 pm. But I think it will be at or close to 8.0. the window in the room is open. But I don't think that's effecting to higher pH in the room since there is no breeze at all. Normally people say test 24 hrs but in a few short hours I think I'm good to replace the window and rig the airline through the window.

Screenshot_20220807-180834.png
 
It's now 9 pm here and liking the result 7.95 ppm for my pH. The lights are out on the dt. So now see how much it drops over night. I may dos alk to get that at 10 instead of 8 ppm. That should raise it a little higher.but I'm not going to frown upon 7.8 to 7.9 for the ph. Bi also know once there's a breeze that breeze will make it through my windows and push the fo2 out and fresh air in. I need to also add macro algea to my sump. The cheato just broke up and stopped growing and piece by piece clogged my return pump. So not going that route again.
 
Not uncommon this time of year when the windows are closed due to summer heat. Dosing for the sake of PH increase is only a temporary solution. If you run a skimmer, a CO2 scrubber is an option though media can become expensive depending on your system size. I went this route and PH went from 7.8-7.9 to 8.1-8.2 ever since.
 
How long have you been using that probe? It may need to be replaced. Mine was reading 7.75 suddenly, I freaked out. It turns out that my probe went bad.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new