Low pH issues

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been battling low pH these last few days. Nights I there's a good breeze but day time no breeze and air is stagnet. I threw in a air line at. 440 this afternoon. Noticed in about a 2 hour period a great increase. I'm going to see where it's at by 9 pm. But I think it will be at or close to 8.0. the window in the room is open. But I don't think that's effecting to higher pH in the room since there is no breeze at all. Normally people say test 24 hrs but in a few short hours I think I'm good to replace the window and rig the airline through the window.

Screenshot_20220807-180834.png

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's now 9 pm here and liking the result 7.95 ppm for my pH. The lights are out on the dt. So now see how much it drops over night. I may dos alk to get that at 10 instead of 8 ppm. That should raise it a little higher.but I'm not going to frown upon 7.8 to 7.9 for the ph. Bi also know once there's a breeze that breeze will make it through my windows and push the fo2 out and fresh air in. I need to also add macro algea to my sump. The cheato just broke up and stopped growing and piece by piece clogged my return pump. So not going that route again.

SD-Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not uncommon this time of year when the windows are closed due to summer heat. Dosing for the sake of PH increase is only a temporary solution. If you run a skimmer, a CO2 scrubber is an option though media can become expensive depending on your system size. I went this route and PH went from 7.8-7.9 to 8.1-8.2 ever since.

ScionFRSguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been using that probe? It may need to be replaced. Mine was reading 7.75 suddenly, I freaked out. It turns out that my probe went bad.

Back