low salinity

  • Thread starter Thread starter DTz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DTz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2014
Messages
405
Reaction score
101
Location
malaysia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi . ive just checked my salinity with a refractometer and it reads 1.02... can i just mix salt + water n pour it in my sump to raise it back up?? thx
 
You can do that. Currently I am having the same issue. Just add it to your sump as top off and monitor. If you have a ato I would take it off line while doing this though
 
Do you mean 1.020?

I'd replace evaporated water with normal salt water until you reach your target. I recommend about 1.026 or so to match the ocean. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new