Lower light requirement

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rmckoy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
8,369
Reaction score
10,642
Location
Ontario Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for suggestions for a few spots that I’d like to add something .
thinking if there were lower light acros , monti ,

the spot I’m thinking of is shaded a little ....
 
A nice encrusting Lepto might be good. I have a Sun Godess and Lethal Lepto in some low light areas of my tank.
 
Upvote 0
This is the area I’m thinking of .
below the acro frag rock .
it is a moderate to high flow area .

I had to move hammer and frogspawn from that area . Too much flow for them .
image.jpg
 
Upvote 0
+1 for leptoseris. Mine love the shade. They don't need high flow, but can handle quite a bit.

Psammacora is another good low light encrusting option.
 
Upvote 0
Not all branching montis are low light, but most of the encrusters or plating types are. Purple and German Blue digis are not low light at all.

Birdsnest, stylos and poci can usually do quite well with lower light.

Lepto is technically a LPS. It acts like one not needing much light and being pretty easy.
 
Upvote 0
Not all branching montis are low light, but most of the encrusters or plating types are. Purple and German Blue digis are not low light at all.

Birdsnest, stylos and poci can usually do quite well with lower light.

Lepto is technically a LPS. It acts like one not needing much light and being pretty easy.
I’ve never had any luck with lepto
I’m thinking of moving a favia colony there
Or a encrusting monti of some sort .
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new