Lowering copper in QT at the 29 day mark...

RazorD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to go out of town and almost through the 30 day mark running copper power at 2.00. One of my tangs is starting to look poor (based on a little too much time in copper I think- had to reset the clock and he’s been in it for a while). I was going to do a large water change before leaving and not replenish the copper. Figure I’d leave two. For a week with it around 1.5. I know there’s always a risk, but is it reasonable to assume I’ll be in the clear? (A water change tomorrow would be the 29 day mark)

Thanks!

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to go out of town and almost through the 30 day mark running copper power at 2.00. One of my tangs is starting to look poor (based on a little too much time in copper I think- had to reset the clock and he’s been in it for a while). I was going to do a large water change before leaving and not replenish the copper. Figure I’d leave two. For a week with it around 1.5. I know there’s always a risk, but is it reasonable to assume I’ll be in the clear? (A water change tomorrow would be the 29 day mark)

Thanks!

That should be fine especially if the fish aren’t showing any symptoms.

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d take the copper out before I left if he doesn’t appear to be doing well. 29 days will be fine.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back