LPS Coral ID

Lukey2018

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Messages
35
Reaction score
23
Location
China
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I'm just wondering if anyone can help me identify this coral that I recently acquired. I'm struggling to work out what it is! It has just 1 polyp but multiple little mouths...
 
Video isn’t working, do you have any pics?
Ooooh sorry, here's a screenshot
Screenshot_20210714-140106.png
 
@vetteguy53081
Looks to be something that can be called an open brain... beyond that I’m stumped.
Maybe a trachy or lobo?
Yeah I was kind of leaning towards a Lobo perhaps too... I'm just confused about the 3 or 4 mouths it has aye...

Anyone else have any ideas?
 
Yeah I was kind of leaning towards a Lobo perhaps too... I'm just confused about the 3 or 4 mouths it has aye...

Anyone else have any ideas?
Bump
 
Lobos will gain multiple mouths as they grow. They can split, bud off. But not always. It could be a symphyllia brain coral.
Lobos will gain multiple mouths as they grow. They can split, bud off. But not always. It could be a symphyllia brain coral.
Yeah it's really strange! Thanks for the reply too
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new