LPS Help- Micromussa receding

sarahbeth23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased, what I believe to be type of micromussa, from my LFS 2 months ago. It was full and covering most of the rock sized about 1” x 2”. The individual who sold it to the store uses magnets as frag plugs, which is still attach to base of rock. I’ve noticed within the last month coral is slowly receding. I took water samples to two different local stores that specialize in saltwater tanks and both stated my readings were near perfect & salinity around 1.027. I’m looking for any recommendations or ideas to hopefully saving this beauty. First picture is the shape it was in when I got it, 2nd attachment was acouple days ago
F6CFE58C-E9B6-4AD5-BCAB-BE5E7A5F06E0.png
2CE2CDC1-516D-4A20-A26B-BF29BD04BA54.jpeg

OP
OP
sarahbeth23

sarahbeth23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity is a touch high. Any changes in lighting, flow, or fish since you added it?
Nothing new added or changed, however I did have to part with an old clown that had been having issues for a few months. I was afraid she was going to pass while I wasn’t home and one of my other tank critters would get ahold of it and develop the same issues it had been have. (Through advice from the LFS) but that coral seemed to start that a little bit before that.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back