LRS frozen food good or not??

Firethorn77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lrs is great. Even my dragonet goes flying around to get some (think that scene in Monty Python where Sir Lancelot storms the castle and kills most of the wedding guests)

+1 for the Monty Python reference. My tank likes reef frenzy too.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your dealer map is very outdated. I personally have had two LFS by me carry your product due to my recommendation. They’ve had it instock for over 6 months & it still doesn’t show either of them on the map.

Are you using your phone or a laptop to view the map? Sometimes you need to zoom in to see the stores if they don't show up immediately. As soon as a new store places their first order they get added to our dealer map, even before the food is shipped. We also update the list when stores move to new locations. Please send me a PM with the store names and I will get them added to the list. Please bear in mind that LRS also has two distributors in Florida who ship our food across the USA with fish and corals (separate coolers) and they sometimes ship foods to new stores and forget to tell us to add them to the map.

My predator tank gets LRS Chunky, they go crazy over it. My reef tank gets reef frenzy.

It is expensive. I pay $21 for an 8 Oz package. Is that what everyone else pays?

Our Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) is $21 for the 8 ounce pack. Considering that other specialty foods in the 6-7 ounce sizes sell for $20-23 I think $21 for LRS is a very fair price considering the freshness, probiotics, pigmentation enhancers, feeding response, etc. Thanks for using LRS foods!

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using your phone or a laptop to view the map? Sometimes you need to zoom in to see the stores if they don't show up immediately. As soon as a new store places their first order they get added to our dealer map, even before the food is shipped. We also update the list when stores move to new locations. Please send me a PM with the store names and I will get them added to the list. Please bear in mind that LRS also has two distributors in Florida who ship our food across the USA with fish and corals (separate coolers) and they sometimes ship foods to new stores and forget to tell us to add them to the map.

Our Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) is $21 for the 8 ounce pack. Considering that other specialty foods in the 6-7 ounce sizes sell for $20-23 I think $21 for LRS is a very fair price considering the freshness, probiotics, pigmentation enhancers, feeding response, etc. Thanks for using LRS foods!
Didn't realize it was MAP. I wasn't questioning the price, just making sure my guy was in line. I don't mind paying for a premium product.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't realize it was MAP. I wasn't questioning the price, just making sure my guy was in line. I don't mind paying for a premium product.

No worries at all! Honestly many stores charge more than $21 to cover the shipping, dry ice and cooler costs to get the food to places further away from N. Carolina.

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wish we could get it in the UK be the government make it to difficult and not worth the hassle

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it for about a year. The only store in region no longer carries it. Not sure why or if it's available anywhere in Canada but it's not available anywhere near me that I found. I did like the food as did the fish.

Pisces pet emporium here in Calgary has an entire freezer of it, just started using it recently and my clowns are all over it!

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had a easier way to buy lrs. No One local sells it
I hear you on that one. To make it worthwhile ordering from an etailer you have to buy at least four packages to even out what overnight shipping cost. I use the carnivore formula and the fish go nuts over it. Extremely low water content as the food never gets freezer burn and I've had packs in my freezer for months.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wish we could get it in the UK be the government make it to difficult and not worth the hassle

We've looked into it but unfortunately the Meat, Fish and Dairy restrictions won't let seafood into the UK from non-European Union countries. Maybe that will change in the future.

Chuck Lawson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pay $21 for an 8 Oz package. Is that what everyone else pays?

The "nearest" place to me charges quite a bit more. I'm glad to see Premium Aquatics is carrying it -- even with the $25 shipping charge, I won't have to order many packs to be cheaper, after adding in sales tax, gas, etc.

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you on that one. To make it worthwhile ordering from an etailer you have to buy at least four packages to even out what overnight shipping cost. I use the carnivore formula and the fish go nuts over it. Extremely low water content as the food never gets freezer burn and I've had packs in my freezer for months.
It wasn't so bad because at one time I made regular trips to Jacksonville. That has changed and don't make it there as often.

Mombo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to confirm Reef Frenzy Nano and Reef Frenzy are the same right? Just in different size packages?

I was told they are the same size pieces of food, but many here have said they use nano cause they have smaller fish.....

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to confirm Reef Frenzy Nano and Reef Frenzy are the same right? Just in different size packages?

I was told they are the same size pieces of food, but many here have said they use nano cause they have smaller fish.....
I don't think that nano has algae

Mombo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh! I didn’t realize the normal RF had nori in it. I thought only herbivore frenzy had that. Ok I get it :).

I was going to switch to normal from nano but maybe I won’t. I don’t think any of my fish eat that currently.

bo0sted2g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you live in an area not serviced by one of our retailers you can order online at PremiumAquatics.com

This is the best news I've heard! Like a lot of other people in this thread I am 2+ hours from a decent fish store. Will be ordering up some LRS! I have been wanting to try it out for a while now, ever since I saw the video of how you and your wife make these products.
@ReefFrenzy

Last edited:

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've looked into it but unfortunately the Meat, Fish and Dairy restrictions won't let seafood into the UK from non-European Union countries. Maybe that will change in the future.

Thanks for your reply Larry @ReefFrenzy I most certainly hope that that is the case post Brexit then we will have a chance to feed a high quality food such as yours.

squampton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky...lol..

I am in Vancouver and J & L had it but seem to have dropped it.

Pisces pet emporium here in Calgary has an entire freezer of it, just started using it recently and my clowns are all over it!

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nano is blended to have finer sized particles of food, so it is not the same as the 8 ounce version of Reef Frenzy®. As mentioned it also doesn't have seaweed since most nano tanks don't have tangs or other large herbivores. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Mombo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the clarification on that. I’ll stick to the nano for now.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back