LRS frozen food good or not??

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order mine from Premium Aquatics. They always ship with dry ice and products come completely frozen. You do have to pay for express shipping but I also order LRS fish frenzy, LRS herbivore frenzy, and some other frozen foods simultaneously.
This is the second time ordering from Premium Aquatics but this time they didn't include the dry ice! In the garbage it goes, warm (supposed to be frozen) fish eggs. Yes I emailed them.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've looked into it but unfortunately the Meat, Fish and Dairy restrictions won't let seafood into the UK from non-European Union countries. Maybe that will change in the future.

Larry, if you would stop eating it yourself, maybe they would realize it is fish food. :D

Also remind them that in WW2 if we didn't get them out of a Jam, there wouldn't be a UK now so they should carry your American food. :eek:

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the second time ordering from Premium Aquatics but this time they didn't include the dry ice! In the garbage it goes, warm (supposed to be frozen) fish eggs. Yes I emailed them.
To be fair, Premium Aquatics stated they shipped it the wrong way, it took four days to receive and the dry ice evaporated after two days in a sealed, taped chest box.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many months is the food good when kept in the freezer? I’ve ordered one nano frenzy and paid 25 in shipping charges. I don’t go through it that fast.

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased online from premium aquatics. The shipping is a little expensive (2 day air) but it's less than it would cost me than driving 2 hours each way to the closest retailer. My tank seems to love it.

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The food does not melt apart very easy in a cup of water to broadcast feed. How are most feeding LRS, clip, drop chunk in whole, ect??

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed the return section of my sump - it's never chunky when it hits the display, and always disperses well into the water column!

I use either LRS or Rod's at every feeding, rotating through five different varieties, along with some cubed stuff.

~Bruce

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 27 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 96 65.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back