Got a pic?
0166ABDA-8850-466F-A2EC-02C607C1B404.jpeg

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well looks like you've already won the worse battle with a new to you LTA--it attached(meaning no foot damage). It looks bleached in your picture and it's hard to tell what is going on with it's mouth. Me I would feed it, once a day for the next 3-4 weeks, then move to every other day and I mean feed it some good food like LRS or Rods.

OP
OP
F

Fadingdarknesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both! And how would I know of there’s actually something wrong? And if it’s dead?

OP
OP
F

Fadingdarknesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.. i went to go check on it today and I found it upside down so I kinda flipped it over and it looks like this?

36B58954-18B2-4472-939F-98E73065F523.jpeg 1112C017-6FA8-4A59-B0CF-3F21C22968F0.jpeg

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bury it's foot in the sand at the base of a rock and hold it until it attaches, it looks like it was gaping a little bit so maybe do an ALK test? I would feed it as well (Any frozen fish food works) to get something in it's system. It is definitely a little bleached, but not very badly. If you do this carefully you should have a good chance with it.

OP
OP
F

Fadingdarknesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bury it's foot in the sand at the base of a rock and hold it until it attaches, it looks like it was gaping a little bit so maybe do an ALK test? I would feed it as well (Any frozen fish food works) to get something in it's system. It is definitely a little bleached, but not very badly. If you do this carefully you should have a good chance with it.
I tried to feed it earlier. And everything in the tank seems to be in order! But I shall try that

OP
OP
F

Fadingdarknesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like this?
like this?

image.jpg

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like this?

like this?

image.jpg
That's perfect! He's looking better already, I would just keep an eye on him (Maybe turn down your flow?) for the next day or two, watch for further signs of stress and he should be in order. Occasionally my LTA would start wandering after changes to the lighting, he would move until he found a spot that suited him and sometimes he'd look pretty rough, but he always came through.
Good luck man! God bless.

OP
OP
F

Fadingdarknesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's perfect! He's looking better already, I would just keep an eye on him (Maybe turn down your flow?) for the next day or two, watch for further signs of stress and he should be in order. Occasionally my LTA would start wandering after changes to the lighting, he would move until he found a spot that suited him and sometimes he'd look pretty rough, but he always came through.
Good luck man! God bless.
Thank you so much I shall try! I’ll update everyone if there’s any changes!

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the future, when buying a anemone it must have at the store--it's mouth closed and its foot attached. In the case of a LTA foot damage is a mostly NOT fixable problem and it won't attach if it's got foot damage. This could be a pinprick hole that you can't even see but the LTA won't attach if it has even that small unseen hole. So if any anemone(with LTAs at the top of that list) is not attached to something at the store don't buy it. I can't tell you how many threads are on this forum about LTAs not attaching(there is lots) but not one of them says later on that the LTA made it. I would say that a LTA is one of the "easier" anemone to keep as long it doesn't have a damaged foot when you get it.
A bleached "white" anemone is not a reason not to buy, you just have to feed it everyday until it starts to get it's color back. This can take on average 1-3 months.

You can get a healthy LTA----1st pic day I bought it, 2nd now
DSC02886.JPG
DSC02994.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fadingdarknesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the future, when buying a anemone it must have at the store--it's mouth closed and its foot attached. In the case of a LTA foot damage is a mostly NOT fixable problem and it won't attach if it's got foot damage. This could be a pinprick hole that you can't even see but the LTA won't attach if it has even that small unseen hole. So if any anemone(with LTAs at the top of that list) is not attached to something at the store don't buy it. I can't tell you how many threads are on this forum about LTAs not attaching(there is lots) but not one of them says later on that the LTA made it. I would say that a LTA is one of the "easier" anemone to keep as long it doesn't have a damaged foot when you get it.
A bleached "white" anemone is not a reason not to buy, you just have to feed it everyday until it starts to get it's color back. This can take on average 1-3 months.

You can get a healthy LTA----1st pic day I bought it, 2nd now
DSC02886.JPG
DSC02994.JPG
When I got there it was floating which they said was normal. Is my LTA dying? It’s still moving itself around

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back