OP
Reef-junky

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get him some fins so he can catch the waves better. It looks like fun.

He’s got autism. He’s also not a strong swimmer. He can swim but doesn’t realize it. Right now he just doggy paddles that’s why I put him in a life jacket and didn’t take him out that far. The waves were probably only 3 or maybe 4ft. We actually should have been out further where the waves were breaking. I was putting him on after the waves broke and once in a while when one would break again. I actually have all videos of him but I can’t seem to get them to work on here and I don’t have a YouTube account. He really took to it. I want to sign him up for this

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good for you! The ocean does the body good, I used surf all the time when I was younger. I’m rekooking myself, no it’s not like riding a bike, age does that to you. I’m teaching my daughter to surf, the younger generation should bodyboard & surf, it’s ver y fun

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s got autism. He’s also not a strong swimmer. He can swim but doesn’t realize it. Right now he just doggy paddles that’s why I put him in a life jacket and didn’t take him out that far. The waves were probably only 3 or maybe 4ft. We actually should have been out further where the waves were breaking. I was putting him on after the waves broke and once in a while when one would break again. I actually have all videos of him but I can’t seem to get them to work on here and I don’t have a YouTube account. He really took to it. I want to sign him up for this

GO FOR IT! If it’s what he enjoys, let him do it.

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11 time surfing world champion Kelly Slater & up and coming female surfer Caroline Marks are from Cocoa Beach

OP
OP
Reef-junky

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11 time surfing world champion Kelly Slater & up and coming female surfer Caroline Marks are from Cocoa Beach

When I lived in Ca I used to go to 1/2 moon bay and there was a beach before that one with bigger waves by a restaurant. I loved it. I used to ride 5 or 6 footers. Now I had to much beer and steak to paddle out in that. My son won’t keep fins on unfortunately and he’s definitely not up to riding the underwater waterfall yet or being put in the washing machine.

OP
OP
Reef-junky

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the two worst things that happen to me was a 7ft wave dumped on me and pushed me to the bottom and the 2nd was probably dropping from the top of a 5ft wave. Got on a bit late thought the wave was going to let go and instead I dropped to the bottom. Stayed on but it hurt.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite day at the beach was after reading James and the Giant Peach and going to the beach on a giant inner tube and bobbing in the waves. I glad he had a great time.

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I lived in Ca I used to go to 1/2 moon bay and there was a beach before that one with bigger waves by a restaurant. I loved it. I used to ride 5 or 6 footers. Now I had to much beer and steak to paddle out in that. My son won’t keep fins on unfortunately and he’s definitely not up to riding the underwater waterfall yet or being put in the washing machine.
I too used to ride 6 footers, now I have a 7 1/2 & 9 1/2’, it’s not how you start, but how you finish. We’re both older & little heavier, mine not so much from beer & steak, just age. Get a soft top longboard & take him out on smaller days, ride tandem with him. He doesn’t need fins, just let him go

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the two worst things that happen to me was a 7ft wave dumped on me and pushed me to the bottom and the 2nd was probably dropping from the top of a 5ft wave. Got on a bit late thought the wave was going to let go and instead I dropped to the bottom. Stayed on but it hurt.
Been there, done that. Dropped in on a 12-15 footer(rare in Florida), storm wave, fell off the top, skimmed twice off the wave & it crashed on top of me. Second, night surfing & by the pier, I wouldn’t say worst, but pretty crazy

OP
OP
Reef-junky

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite day at the beach was after reading James and the Giant Peach and going to the beach on a giant inner tube and bobbing in the waves. I glad he had a great time.

Any day on the beach is a good I think. Shortly after I moved to Ca I bought a body board. Not to long after a wetsuit. I was into surfing way before saltwater fish. Being around the ocean and surfers taught me respect for the environment and the ocean.

Last edited:

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any day on the beach is a good I think. Shortly after I moved to Ca I bought a body board. Not to long after a wetsuit. I was into surfing way before saltwater fish. Being around the ocean and surfers taught me respect for the environment and the ocean. Agreed, 1,000,000%, I started with fish before surfing but it’s all good

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back