Lucie's seahorses

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is a beautiful mix of artificial and live macro algae. The colors are so vibrant and attractive.

None of my seahorses have ever swayed back and forth like your cirri-ed beauty. My matriarch likes to flow surf however but thats a pretty common behaviour as well.

OP
OP
Lucie

Lucie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to film some fry coming into the world this morning.
DSC06908.JPG

And i had some surprises.
Yep... again!
DSC06916.JPG

DSC06924.JPG

DSC06927.JPG

DSC06929.JPG

Meanwhile, the juveniles are hanging out, chilling while i m doing a waterchange
TAILS.JPG

OP
OP
Lucie

Lucie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O wow, how many seahorses do you have ATM?
I get another batch yesterday too... Honestly i didn t count how many fry. Each batch is usually between 500 and 800 fry.
As i m leaving out of the states for 10 days i gave the 2 batches away to another breeder.
I have around 100-150 juveniles right now, i sold 112 to wholeseller, lfs and hobbyist these days.
I have 6 erectus in my DT, 4 of them do breed on a regular basis.
Today i lost my piebald female, i have no idea what happened, she was fine yesterday, eating, flirting... She might be egg bounded, she was obviously full of eggs.
She never, ever grew since i had her a little bit than 1 year ago, to the point that my 6 months old juveniles were bigger than her...

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get another batch yesterday too... Honestly i didn t count how many fry. Each batch is usually between 500 and 800 fry.
As i m leaving out of the states for 10 days i gave the 2 batches away to another breeder.
I have around 100-150 juveniles right now, i sold 112 to wholeseller, lfs and hobbyist these days.
I have 6 erectus in my DT, 4 of them do breed on a regular basis.
Today i lost my piebald female, i have no idea what happened, she was fine yesterday, eating, flirting... She might be egg bounded, she was obviously full of eggs.
She never, ever grew since i had her a little bit than 1 year ago, to the point that my 6 months old juveniles were bigger than her...
Ahh I am sorry about the piebald female. Maybe since she never grew properly there was something not right from the get go.

OP
OP
Lucie

Lucie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New pictures of the herd!
So... I moved far from sea in the countryside with a very bad connection.
It takes forever to upload pictures
DSC07348.JPG

DSC07168 SELECT.JPG

DSC07334.JPG

Sorry i don t have enough patience tonight to post more pictures

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A touch lower would be better. We normally recommend 68°-74°F. Nasty bacteria growth that damages/kills our seahorses multiply EXPONENTIALLY, not linear and above 74 the curve inclines faster than what is best for seahorses.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks could anyone show their tank setup just to give me some ideas. ? Thanks

OP
OP
Lucie

Lucie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this pic! so they just hang upside down inline with there heads in the water while you do WC?
Yes. The mother always hitch for night upside down. Funny that some of her babies do it too. So each water change i had to stop, remove manually each, for continuing.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back