OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SAVE25 runs through today online, idk if you can swing it with that extra discount as well
I wish! If I could get it sold by this afternoon I could. Sadly I have 40$ spending cash until next month.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the worst luck with things.

I did a waterchange over the weekend. And lost the Duncan. The digitata seems to be losing some color as well. Salinity is fine, nitrates are still high. Will work in exact numbers when I get home.

Fish are fine. Algae still growing brown stringy algae. Smells like dinos again, but again, high nitrates so idk. Every time I think I’m coming back from disaster it’s like one of those infomercials. “But wait! There’s more! Do you like disaster? Sure we all do! But as a Bevs reef member, we expect MORE disaster! Well folks I’m here to tell you as a Bev’s club exclusive member, we couldn’t give you any more disaster without the big company boss getting upset. “ *Hands out free samples*

Sheesh.

It’s fine. This is fine. The zoas seem happy. Toady is moody. But seems pretty happy. Rock flowers still alive. Im not buying more corals for this tank. I’ll SpongeBob this thing lol. Fake corals and nems. Toss rainbow gravel down.

(I’m kidding, I won’t. But it’d be hilarious)

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt in the wound
IMG_7023.png

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sitting at work today. No saltwater to look at so I turn around and see this fella occasionally.
IMG_20240220_133048207.jpg

I say fella, but I think it was purchased as an "Assorted Female"
I think you’re right :) really lovely. I love the blue❤️

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo dump from the reef. The zoas are still looking fantastic. I have a few new heads on the newer ones (I don’t know names lol). The toadstool seems to be doing well. I’m waiting for it to just explode and cover at least half the tank. I’d be perfectly fine with that.

Thought a carpet nem would be somethjng fun to have too. I’m ok with it taking over too.

But yeah the digitata isn’t happy. The Duncan’s a goner. I’ll pull it this weekend.

Overall I’m happy with it. The fish are happy. Eventually a marine betta may live here. Depends though.
IMG_7030.jpeg
IMG_7031.jpeg
IMG_7032.jpeg
IMG_7036.jpeg
IMG_7033.jpeg
IMG_7034.jpeg
IMG_7035.jpeg
IMG_7028.jpeg

Oh and something ate all of the red algae. Flame algae, dragons tongue. Whatever it was it was apparently delicious

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carpet nem or rock flower anenome, I see a rock flower?

I love my flowers, I need to count for sure but I think I have almost 20. Love love LOVE them.

I also have a mini maxi carpet. I used to have sexy shrimp dancing on it but I think my more aggressive tube anenome ate them.

Apparently I'm collecting anenome types.

If you have turbo snails, they probably ate the red algea. Mine did. Nom nom.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carpet nem or rock flower anenome, I see a rock flower?

I love my flowers, I need to count for sure but I think I have almost 20. Love love LOVE them.

I also have a mini maxi carpet. I used to have sexy shrimp dancing on it but I think my more aggressive tube anenome ate them.

Apparently I'm collecting anenome types.

If you have turbo snails, they probably ate the red algea. Mine did. Nom nom.
Rock flowers times 2. I want a carpet nem lol.

Yes I think the two turbos made quick work of it as well as the pistol shrimp lol.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been busy the past week? Or however long I’ve been absent.

My wonderful daughter got the flex 9 (instead of the betta tank) for my late birthday gift. So I set it up and loved the pair (quadruple) in and all seems fine. I do have to get a cover for the feed hole but I’ve stuffed some foam in there for now.
IMG_7063.jpeg
IMG_7067.jpeg

The other quadruple are in the other five gallon, and so pleased they spawned lol. (You can see an egg in the males buccal pouch here if you look closely :D I don’t know which female he chose though. I also have a local wild betta keeper coming this week (hopefully) to pick up the spare four females. He has several males so they will have some love matches. Also the copper boy is looking mighty fine. Too bad for him I don’t wanna hunt a lady friend.
IMG_7080.jpeg
image000002.jpeg

The girls have been slacking off, pic as proof. Lounging about all day while I’m slaving (not really) watching a three yr old mini typhoon.
IMG_7097.jpeg

The reef seems to have settled. The rock work looks nice and clean, most of the stuff in the substrate is gone. I’ve gotta pull the Duncan remains one of these days. I’m not sure about the digi. It looks ok one day and then grey the next. Params seem ok from what I’ve tested. Will test again today if I get the time.
IMG_7028.jpeg
IMG_7030.jpeg
IMG_7032.jpeg

Have I shared these reef pics? I forget. Well if so y’all can look at em again I’m very happy with the zoas and it things keep going like this I’ll just buy zoas and have a garden of zoas all over. I mean, look at those baby whatevers on the green and purple frag. So cute.

Completely unrelated, I was stirring my apple cider this morning and the neuro in my hands didn’t alert me that my finger was submerged for a few seconds. So that was fun. Flesh flavored apple cider has to be a delicacy amirite?

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never kept fresh water fish for 30 years but I am thinking of getting some of these stunning colours
Well don’t let me be an enabler (do it)

lol. Seriously though they’re beautiful. I love a high quality plakat.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well don’t let me be an enabler (do it)

lol. Seriously though they’re beautiful. I love a high quality plakat.
All new too me but yes i will purchase some lol
They keep the males in jars how does that work for water quality . I know it’s too stop them fighting

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All new too me but yes i will purchase some lol
They keep the males in jars how does that work for water quality . I know it’s too stop them fighting
They do daily 100% waterchanges to keep them clean.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back