Luck be a Lady

It seems my dreams of a better lid are on hold yet again. This thing called car insurance. Sigh.

Maybe once i can heal and pop out some art that’s just generally for sale I’ll take in a commission for a lid lol. Straight up, charge “one 24x18 (or whatever the dimensions are, I’d have to look again) lid for a rimless aquarium complete with hole to feed from.” XD

Would kinda mess my “need half up front for mats” though. How do you get half a lid? And how do you use said half to get canvas and paints. Sigh.

Anyhow, my pallifina has the mumps, in a good way .D And this Duncan is super cool. FTS of reefy.
IMG_4418.jpeg
image000002.jpeg
image000003.jpeg
 
Sorry, I was dead yesterday.

My experience with toplids was absolutely horrible.

Lid looks great now that it's here but the process was an absolute mess from the start. Double their website quote times if you're not an Instagram influencer and be prepared for all kinds of delays and problems and excuses.

I absolutely will not order from them again. In fact, I tried to cancel it 2x because of how delayed it was. That's the only thing that got them to start moving on it I think.
 
Oh, and despite what their site says, you'll need to get measurements for toplids as well. I didn't do anything special with them, picked the premeasured for my cade600, still had to get measurements. I double checked their draft after the measurements I sent - didn't match the tank still. Sent them back the *same measurements again* they sent it back wildly different again. Finally my husband sketched it up for them. :rolleyes:
 
Oh, and despite what their site says, you'll need to get measurements for toplids as well. I didn't do anything special with them, picked the premeasured for my cade600, still had to get measurements. I double checked their draft after the measurements I sent - didn't match the tank still. Sent them back the *same measurements again* they sent it back wildly different again. Finally my husband sketched it up for them. :rolleyes:
That’s good to know. So aside from them being higher it’s also quite difficult to deal with them. Thanks so much for the input!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new