Luck be a Lady

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society
 
Hopefully today I can make progress on my art. My hands are cramped up from the weather and sanding earlier this week.

Now that I can see better in the tank, my toadstool looks a little ripped. Will continue to watch, I don’t know if it’s splitting or? The duncan looks ok though. My larger flaming borthole has expanded and the smaller one seems to have as well. No sign of the green one that I was trying to save. It may be a goner.

Peep the photobomber
IMG_5861.jpeg
 
Shenanigans from the Hubbs last night.

I turned the lights off, and he himself was used to the ramping and the moonlight. So he proceeds to tell me that the fish are now lost, they can’t see where they’re going and will wake up “in the wrong neighborhood”. He said
“They’re going to wake up not knowing who’s house they’re in because they couldn’t see to go home. In the mornings it’s so bright they’ll be blinded and run into the strange walls. Poor fish.”

Lol of course we all(and he) knows its not likely but it was hilarious because he was extreme animated about it.

They’re already begging for breakfast and I’ve not finished my coffee.
Looney Tunes Coffee GIF
 
Testing the params today. My alk shows with the kit about 1.5dKH. I think this is wrong? I’ll test again. Ph is 7.6. Nitrates show still really high, between the 20 and 50 on the color chart.


From here, waterchange to lower the nitrates and hopefully boost that alk. Looks like that’s my day haha.
 
what test are you using ? what does that come to in dkh ?
 
That is in dkh, it’s the Red Sea kit.

Idk what that translates into alk. Lol just going by their chart. Took 5 drops to turn green, and the 6th turned it yellow.
 
so correct me if i'm wrong 6 dkh ? #Cronies
 
What’s a safe way to raise it? I’m mixing some water currently so will test it to see if it can imo it at least a little. But I’ve read the reef crystals tested low in that department anyhow. I need to switch salts. :(
 
no salt that i know of tests less than 7 dkh ?
Yeah I don’t expect it to test out at five, and there’s obviously something using it in my tank. I just read that a ICP of fresh mixed was lower than expected, about 8 something. I was told it’s upwards of usually 11. I will have to find a way to keep it up, anyhow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new