Luck be a Lady

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do y’all use instead?
I use nothing. I utilize the first chamber (drains) for keep gfo, carbon, etc. The flow is perfect in mine.

I also disregard socks because the 2nd chamber is this:
20190803_172630.jpg

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use nothing. I utilize the first chamber (drains) for keep gfo, carbon, etc. The flow is perfect in mine.

I also disregard socks because the 2nd chamber is this:
20190803_172630.jpg
Got a full shot of the sump? That’s gorgeous! I need macro algae’s. I want my display to have some eventually. I’m jealous of that rock in there too.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!
Thanks. Not sure why @Fudsey decided to go with no socks. Theres a handful of prose to pulling them beyond the hassle and husbandry of keeping up on them.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just stopped using them after a while. Got tired of cleaning them all the time ;) I do use them if I need to pull some stuff out of the tank like when I had too much flow through my GFO and it turned every sponge in my tank brown..... Ran them and it cleared that all up.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much of an update but thought you guys would like a few pics and such. Ms. Fat and sassy lawnmower blenny.
Seeing diatoms on the sand, so it’s aging well. Added a tunze ATO top off earlier. Have plans for a little black ray goby to come live here, still working on the lights.
5B08403E-8993-4541-AB61-3BBE69EC64C6.jpeg
D5FA3F1A-BDD9-44D0-8285-F4342DD2CC6B.jpeg

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice choices for first stocking. Who doesnt love a blenny?
she’s awesome!
I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m going to get a black ray goby for my pistol shrimp. Should be OK with the LM blenny since they are shaped a bit different. I love the colors even more than the YWGs who were my first choice.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lights have been paid for and should be here within next week! I’m excited to hang them and to see how my few corals enjoy them.
Daily as I look in there I’ll be singing “Grow, baby, grow!” Lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve been cleaning up some old equipment, trying to get together and give/sell what I won’t need in the hopes of clearing space and finding the funds for a new light. I will use my old pump, which should be good for starters. It’s 800gph or just over (I forget) and is within the recommended range for the tank. Eventually I’ll upgrade to a DC but this will do for now.

I’ve been also trying to talk hubbs into fixing the floor in the office, since it would not only ease my mind when painting, but allow me to setup in there instead of the living room. I’m wanting to paint a mural behind where the tank will go, and so that’s also in the works. I am a major legend of Zelda nut so what better theme than The Wind Waker? Better yet, I may just do a lovely shot of Koholint island with the wind fish :)

Decisions decisions.

I did want to ask for some opinions on a light for the tank. I want something affordable, will grow corals of course and last. Any suggestions?
Ai prime, Ai HD26, Radion XR-15 or Kessil AP700

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ai prime, Ai HD26, Radion XR-15 or Kessil AP700
I’ve looked at those. I don’t plan to go into anything more than my zoas and the frammer. Maybe expand with more softies. I found someone here selling their pro set of the orbit marine ic lights, so I went with those. I have the wave pumps and I really think I’ll enjoy them all being connected. Right now I have an older orbit marine over the tank and it looks nice though not quite bright enough. I’ll move that one down to the sump when these come in.

Back