OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my ever lovin lord, it’s beautiful! ❤️ Thank you so much @cromag27!

The work on this is perfect. I see no blemishes, bad cuts or anything. More than worth the wait, and more than grateful for being a recipient of such fine artistry.

In the next day or so I’ll have to get the algae cleaned up better. Once I do I think this is going to be a fantastic little page and pod box
C2450CF4-79FE-43B0-9B8F-892DF01D238E.jpeg
2310BE37-EE29-4715-BF3C-F9F5AE312BC0.jpeg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my ever lovin lord, it’s beautiful! ❤ Thank you so much @cromag27!

The work on this is perfect. I see no blemishes, bad cuts or anything. More than worth the wait, and more than grateful for being a recipient of such fine artistry.

In the next day or so I’ll have to get the algae cleaned up better. Once I do I think this is going to be a fantastic little page and pod box
C2450CF4-79FE-43B0-9B8F-892DF01D238E.jpeg
2310BE37-EE29-4715-BF3C-F9F5AE312BC0.jpeg
I won a SHU box from him this past year. Quality stuff. Glad u found him!

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon everyone! Been a few weeks ( I think) since I’ve posted. On the salty front I’ve noticed coralline growing in a few spots. That makes me happy :) fish are all three doing just fine, and the shrimp is making a mess. I am planning to get some more easy corals once I get a little more cash. The frammer is happier now.

On the freshy side, my girl pallifina is still with me. I’ve had success feeding her ant larvae. She won’t touch fresh ants though. No other foods, fresh frozen or live. So that’s going to be difficult when they hibernate this winter. I also had a mishap on my stand. So I’ve begged hubbs to help and build me one. Luckily he said yes. It’ll be a simple one with two bys but it’ll be functional. I’ll get some pics when I get home as I’m currently on the job taking a break.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon everyone! Been a few weeks ( I think) since I’ve posted. On the salty front I’ve noticed coralline growing in a few spots. That makes me happy :) fish are all three doing just fine, and the shrimp is making a mess. I am planning to get some more easy corals once I get a little more cash. The frammer is happier now.

On the freshy side, my girl pallifina is still with me. I’ve had success feeding her ant larvae. She won’t touch fresh ants though. No other foods, fresh frozen or live. So that’s going to be difficult when they hibernate this winter. I also had a mishap on my stand. So I’ve begged hubbs to help and build me one. Luckily he said yes. It’ll be a simple one with two bys but it’ll be functional. I’ll get some pics when I get home as I’m currently on the job taking a break.
Really glad you are working!

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yeah our job is just remodeling a home into our bosses office and stuff so we are very low risk. Plus in my area it’s not shut down really.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, long time no post. Sorry I’ve been distant, I’ve had a lot going on as of late.

So, some of you may be wondering about my old lady pallifina. Sadly, I lost her and her mate it was my fault. I thought it best to put them in the pond, with peace and quiet, and live foods. They were doing well. Well, one morning I woke up, and as I was at work it started to get cooler. The temp dropped and they froze :( I should have thought to put a heater in there, even just a 100 watt would have saved them I’m sure. On the bright side, the little guy is fine and I was able to find him a girlfriend. She was a gift for Mother’s Day :) They have spawned successfully several times.

My little reef is still doing ok. A hermit knocked down the pipe organ even after it was glued. And the shrimp stole it . So now I basically have two types of corals lol. All three fish and the shrimp is doing fine. I was able to get a pretty cool shot of one of the snails last night. Thought you would enjoy it.
6D075EA2-BBBC-4871-96ED-1DA010114C63.jpeg
8244B390-82E1-4C88-9AC3-CBCC97D3C1B1.jpeg

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most definitely!

Here is the rfa and BTA this morning. I’m really happy with them. And the fact the BTA is staying put has be overjoyed. Though he still may move once he’s settled. The clowns have no idea it’s there. For now. If they even care haha. It’s on their barnacle :p
E97D2412-EB85-4E20-9604-CED356310FFC.jpeg
C82002AA-0B25-436D-9E83-7433D42EB0DB.jpeg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh. It uploaded sideways. That’ll spill all my water!!
Omg is that one of those new wave 'tip-over drop off zero G' tanks? Awesome! ;Hilarious

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya guys, it’s been a while since I’ve posted. Truth be told I’ve been so busy with things I’ve just not had a lot of time. There have been some changes on the salty build, and issues with the fresh. I’ve come to a conundrum and not sure what to do, but I’ll explain that at the bottom.

First off, I added two dottybacks backs, a green Goniopora, and a second rock flow nem. Since adding the Goni, my BTA has been kinda mad. He’s not as open, but he’s still here, and hasn’t moved. Well, not really. I flipped the barnacle some to get him to have more light because as you all know my lights aren’t the best and I felt he needed to have more than he was getting. He kinda sidled a little back in the shadows. He’s not gaping at the mouth but it does seem like he’s trying to poop a lot, as it’s always kinda puffy. He deflates a lot. He’s still hanging on I suppose. I don’t know what to do, as I feed the tank twice a week with mysis or chopped table shrimp (raw of course) soaked in reef roids and Red Sea a+b. Otherwise the tank is fed pellets, and everyone seems ok with it. The Goni, both rocks,frammer and plays all seem to be enjoying the feeding and light schedule. But, I digress. I am still having an algae and cyano issue. I’m still adamant on not using chemicals to clean it. Argh!

So I have a really big conundrum. I need a lid, still. I had glass pieces but they were cutting too much of the light. So I now have two pieces of a window screen I add at night, just because it’s an eyesore and I worry more about something spooking them at night than during the day. So yeah, I need a lid. And I also need a better return pump. While this one works, I notice it losing some movement, even when cleaned. I would prefer to finish the loop system and control it via Bluetooth. And I could use new RODI filters and resin since that’s most likely the algae issue. And last but not least a new test kit for the nitrates phosphates ect ect.

HOWEVER my freshwater tank is failing. The silicone has bubbles under it on three sides and the other side the silicone is almost non existent. The filter leaked awhile back (my fault, faulty O ring on shut off valve which only leaks when the filter is turned down via the shut off valve, I forgot to turn it back up and it leaked all night. )and the stand was severely compromised. The entire bottom swelled, and itis causing some pressure points on the aquarium. If the glass doesn’t crack before the stand collapses, then most likely seals will bust.

So my problem is, do I address the reef issues, or the fresh issues? The reef is ok, just an eyesore and as long as it’s going it should be fine. These things are necessary. But the freshwater tank is a ticking time bomb. However I can temporarily toss the juveniles in the pond and the adults in either a bucket or a tote and put them outside for the time being.

Pics of my current plight, while I go state and stress over both. Lol. Also a fat juvenile pallifina who seems to not know when it’s had enough XD
ECDFDDF7-483F-445F-8ED1-208C709FD153.jpeg
6CAFD20F-4993-4F63-8ADD-0D8EF7B9B948.jpeg
80056713-4BB6-4E58-920A-C7F6BADCFEC1.jpeg
5F7CD0BF-BEFB-40A9-977A-6543986B33CA.jpeg
C21BAE67-668B-46AF-8ADF-61A968AD3ACE.jpeg
58059B95-5CC5-45CD-9A6F-E38CA94ADBA2.jpeg
269676CA-CCF3-4B5D-9A98-CC659FE1794C.jpeg
B7A8E2DB-AD06-4E20-A815-C1B4D476FBC8.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back