Lumenbars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
powdertang05

powdertang05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These sound a lot like the eBay led bars. What is the difference between reefbreeders and the eBay ones?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These sound a lot like the eBay led bars. What is the difference between reefbreeders and the eBay ones?

The eBay LED bars use cheap .5watt and 1 watt LEDs. There's a huge difference between low wattage LEDs, and 3watt LEDs run at a lower wattage. The biggest difference is in the light output- make no mistake, these are powerful LEDs. Plus they are specially designed to connect to the Photon V2, and include the brackets and hardware to do so. We also have our own custom layouts , and most importantly US based warranty service. We warranty these for 12 months, eBay bars have no warranty.

About the wattage- for example- our Photon V2+ uses 5watt Cree LEDs. In the majority of cases, you end up running those LEDs at 1-3watts, max. Lower wattage means higher efficiency- not necessarily less light. Don't get stuck on the wattage of the LEDs- they are 3 watt LEDs run lower for efficiency. NOT cheaper .5watt diodes run at max power.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ron,

You are very knowledgeable and I trust your opinion on this. If you are willing to do a write up I would be happy to add it to our FAQ. We have a list of manuals going that I mostly re-wrote myself, there are some more I need to finish up for sure as well. I can offer you store credit or some samples for your time if you are interested :)

Send me a layout for your lumenbar when you get the chance.

Will do Logan. But it will take a little while. I'm in the process of getting my 50g cube system rebuilt since I sold the 120g tank/stand/sump it was tied into. And I've been going crazy trying to get my hot rod Miata's ECU tuned properly. Creating a 100% custom tune for a 2.5L Ford motor with a turbo at 18lbs of boost has proven to be very time consuming!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do Logan. But it will take a little while. I'm in the process of getting my 50g cube system rebuilt since I sold the 120g tank/stand/sump it was tied into. And I've been going crazy trying to get my hot rod Miata's ECU tuned properly. Creating a 100% custom tune for a 2.5L Ford motor with a turbo at 18lbs of boost has proven to be very time consuming!

Send some photos of that car when you get the chance! My car is an old subie wagon- it's slow but it carries everything I need for tradeshows. My bike makes up for it though :)

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are photos from before the garage blew it up and it had a 2.0L Mazda engine with an aftermarket turbo making about 230hp. This is a Track Night in America event at Palm Beach International. Top speed at the end of the straight was 105mph. On a longer straight at Sebring it hit 125mph. The new engine won't give it much more top speed as we are only giving it 500 more RPMs at redline and we were very close to redline at 125mph.
IMG_2613 R2 by Ron Lindensmith, on Flickr
IMG_2483 R1 by Ron Lindensmith, on Flickr

At a Gulfcoast Autocross event in Ft Myers. This was before I went to slicks. It has too much horsepower and not enough tire as an autocross car (and me as the driver ;Stig).

2015-11-08 GCAC 061 by Ron Lindensmith, on Flickr

And out on front of our house with a new set of slicks and light weight wheels for autocross.
20151201_165308 by Ron Lindensmith, on Flickr

When I get it back (it's only been 18 months in the shop ;Wideyed) it will have two tunes in the ECU. Turn the car on and you get 12lbs of boost from the turbo and it makes 250hp for around town. Bump the cruise control button and it goes to 18lbs of boost and with a tiny bit of luck, over 450hp! It's driving me crazy waiting to get this thing running properly. It runs now, but we have some serious drivability issues.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are photos from before the garage blew it up and it had a 2.0L Mazda engine with an aftermarket turbo making about 230hp. This is a Track Night in America event at Palm Beach International. Top speed at the end of the straight was 105mph. On a longer straight at Sebring it hit 125mph. The new engine won't give it much more top speed as we are only giving it 500 more RPMs at redline and we were very close to redline at 125mph.
IMG_2613 R2 by Ron Lindensmith, on Flickr
IMG_2483 R1 by Ron Lindensmith, on Flickr

At a Gulfcoast Autocross event in Ft Myers. This was before I went to slicks. It has too much horsepower and not enough tire as an autocross car (and me as the driver ;Stig).

2015-11-08 GCAC 061 by Ron Lindensmith, on Flickr

And out on front of our house with a new set of slicks and light weight wheels for autocross.
20151201_165308 by Ron Lindensmith, on Flickr

When I get it back (it's only been 18 months in the shop ;Wideyed) it will have two tunes in the ECU. Turn the car on and you get 12lbs of boost from the turbo and it makes 250hp for around town. Bump the cruise control button and it goes to 18lbs of boost and with a tiny bit of luck, over 450hp! It's driving me crazy waiting to get this thing running properly. It runs now, but we have some serious drivability issues.

Lol 18 pounds in a Miata?? You must have some serious tread! I run 20 psi on my STi andand get the AWD to slip on launches.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Launches at auto-x events are always fun! But I expect to do a lot more track days at Sebring, Palm Beach, Homestead and Daytona once we have this one finished. BTW, it runs Hoosier slicks 245x16 when we auto-x with it. Currently it's out of service with ECU headaches. Tuning Done Right (Miami) screwed it up royally to the point that the original Miata 2.0L motor broke. Now it has a 2.5L Ford motor and Moto-East has been hard to schedule work with and the Speed Factory doesn't have enough software access to get it right. Playing with aquariums and led light fixtures is a breeze compared to this!

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Launches at auto-x events are always fun! But I expect to do a lot more track days at Sebring, Palm Beach, Homestead and Daytona once we have this one finished. BTW, it runs Hoosier slicks 245x16 when we auto-x with it. Currently it's out of service with ECU headaches. Tuning Done Right (Miami) screwed it up royally to the point that the original Miata 2.0L motor broke. Now it has a 2.5L Ford motor and Moto-East has been hard to schedule work with and the Speed Factory doesn't have enough software access to get it right. Playing with aquariums and led light fixtures is a breeze compared to this!

Looks like a fun car, Ron. My parents have a very low mile shinsen edition that I often think about buying and putting a modest flyin Miata kit on.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a teaser photo:

IMG_4964.JPG

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no go?

Any pre orders?

As of yesterday they're all built and ready to ship to us. ETA next 1-2 weeks!

We have some updates that we shared on facebook-

1) These will now be 24", 36", 48", and 60"- instead of 21", 30", 45". The 60" version will be $199.99 shipped.
2) They will be available in Black to match the Photon V2+, or in Silver to match with your ATI Sunpower!
3) All the hardware you need to mount these directly to any ATI sunpower of the same length (eg. LumenBar C24 and 24" ATI Sunpower) is included!

Here's a photo of these mounted to one of our customer's ATI Sunpower:

B Snow ATI Mount.jpg

B Snow ATI Closeup.jpg

Quote from the owner:

"Even with my 8 lamp ATI full on I can see the difference the bars make"
-Brandon Snow

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As of yesterday they're all built and ready to ship to us. ETA next 1-2 weeks!

We have some updates that we shared on facebook-

1) These will now be 24", 36", 48", and 60"- instead of 21", 30", 45". The 60" version will be $199.99 shipped.
2) They will be available in Black to match the Photon V2+, or in Silver to match with your ATI Sunpower!
3) All the hardware you need to mount these directly to any ATI sunpower of the same length (eg. LumenBar C24 and 24" ATI Sunpower) is included!

Here's a photo of these mounted to one of our customer's ATI Sunpower:

B Snow ATI Mount.jpg

B Snow ATI Closeup.jpg

Quote from the owner:

"Even with my 8 lamp ATI full on I can see the difference the bars make"
-Brandon Snow

What leds are used?

I am building aquaculture system..

I am looking for some as supplements to t-5 so manly blue there over coral tanks.
I am for some algae tanks?
I am also looking for something over my breeder tanks which would be white.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What leds are used?

I am building aquaculture system..

I am looking for some as supplements to t-5 so manly blue there over coral tanks.
I am for some algae tanks?
I am also looking for something over my breeder tanks which would be white.

They are bridgelux 3watt LEDs.

For supplements to your T5 I recommend our High Octane Actinict
For algae tanks and white light, our Jungle Sun is a great pick. If you're looking for say 14K white, our Reefer14K is a good pick for your breeder tanks

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are bridgelux 3watt LEDs.

For supplements to your T5 I recommend our High Octane Actinict
For algae tanks and white light, our Jungle Sun is a great pick. If you're looking for say 14K white, our Reefer14K is a good pick for your breeder tanks

Sounds good...
I want something that aint too expensive but also not the cheapest either. This seems to fit that spot.
I just want to mount strips to the top of the racks and at this point it is looking like 20 tanks.
There will also be food culturing system..

Thanks.

allaboutmojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stupid Question for Logan and want to hear opinions from people buying these.

I bought a Photon 50 last earlier this year right before the V2 model came out. Recently bought the newer model remote.

What is purpose of adding these to already awesome LED fixture? And which models would make the most sense and why.

830ABF4B-63BE-428E-A3F9-915112849974.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Back