I had one that came in with that sort of bump on him one time, I thought it was just some sort of odd growth or a displaced internal organ or something. The next day the shrimp molted and the bump was gone, I really hope it wasn't a parasite
I'm pretty sure if it was, the fish ate it or it died, because it has been well over a year and I haven't seen anything resembling such again.
I have seen this a couple times before on shrimp. It’s a parasite and typically it comes off with the next molt. On occasion though it won’t come off and has required very delicate surgery. There is a video somewhere showing the surgery, I’ll see if I can find it. Although definitely wait for it to molt first.
I know this is old, but has anyone seen any negative long term effects of this parasite?
I bought a cleaner shrimp yesterday who has something similar however it looks just like an empty bubble.
The shop I bought it from has already agreed to take it back but I'd rather see this guy pull through.
Video courtesy of my girlfriend before I noticed the lump.