Lunar phase on AI prime sol

Rohirrimus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,
I have AI Prime 16HD sol and I’m a bit baffled about Lunar settings.

AI had instructions from 2018 which don’t seem to be relevant anymore as app changed since, and from 2020 showing separate moonlight settings (which I don’t have), so my questions are:

1. If I configure lunar settings in AI prime app, how do I actually set from when to when it’s “lunar” for the moon phase to apply
2. Ai instructions all seem to point to lunar being for about 1 hour, but moon is visible throughout entire night, should I run lunar settings the entire night?
3. Color? I saw a lot of people running blue or royal blue, but I think lunar should be white?
4. Intensity? I saw a lot of people running 1%, but then how will lunar phase work if max strength (full moon ) is 1%, I don’t think that light has finer adjustment than 1%?

Thanks for any suggestions

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,
I have AI Prime 16HD sol and I’m a bit baffled about Lunar settings.

AI had instructions from 2018 which don’t seem to be relevant anymore as app changed since, and from 2020 showing separate moonlight settings (which I don’t have), so my questions are:

1. If I configure lunar settings in AI prime app, how do I actually set from when to when it’s “lunar” for the moon phase to apply
2. Ai instructions all seem to point to lunar being for about 1 hour, but moon is visible throughout entire night, should I run lunar settings the entire night?
3. Color? I saw a lot of people running blue or royal blue, but I think lunar should be white?
4. Intensity? I saw a lot of people running 1%, but then how will lunar phase work if max strength (full moon ) is 1%, I don’t think that light has finer adjustment than 1%?

Thanks for any suggestions
I found it to be a really stupid and useless setting. The moonlight is crap and messes with everyone in the tank. Then once a month you wonder why your lights went out early

OP
OP
R

Rohirrimus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found it to be a really stupid and useless setting. The moonlight is crap and messes with everyone in the tank. Then once a month you wonder why your lights went out early
Ye but there are a lot of benefits to moon cycle ( if done right ) . I’ve been reading records that a lot of corals would spawn according to moon light , so I’d like to do it, just can’t figure it out

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back