Lunar phase on AI prime sol

Rohirrimus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2022
Messages
161
Reaction score
56
Location
Malta
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,
I have AI Prime 16HD sol and I’m a bit baffled about Lunar settings.

AI had instructions from 2018 which don’t seem to be relevant anymore as app changed since, and from 2020 showing separate moonlight settings (which I don’t have), so my questions are:

1. If I configure lunar settings in AI prime app, how do I actually set from when to when it’s “lunar” for the moon phase to apply
2. Ai instructions all seem to point to lunar being for about 1 hour, but moon is visible throughout entire night, should I run lunar settings the entire night?
3. Color? I saw a lot of people running blue or royal blue, but I think lunar should be white?
4. Intensity? I saw a lot of people running 1%, but then how will lunar phase work if max strength (full moon ) is 1%, I don’t think that light has finer adjustment than 1%?

Thanks for any suggestions
 
Hello guys,
I have AI Prime 16HD sol and I’m a bit baffled about Lunar settings.

AI had instructions from 2018 which don’t seem to be relevant anymore as app changed since, and from 2020 showing separate moonlight settings (which I don’t have), so my questions are:

1. If I configure lunar settings in AI prime app, how do I actually set from when to when it’s “lunar” for the moon phase to apply
2. Ai instructions all seem to point to lunar being for about 1 hour, but moon is visible throughout entire night, should I run lunar settings the entire night?
3. Color? I saw a lot of people running blue or royal blue, but I think lunar should be white?
4. Intensity? I saw a lot of people running 1%, but then how will lunar phase work if max strength (full moon ) is 1%, I don’t think that light has finer adjustment than 1%?

Thanks for any suggestions
I found it to be a really stupid and useless setting. The moonlight is crap and messes with everyone in the tank. Then once a month you wonder why your lights went out early
 
I found it to be a really stupid and useless setting. The moonlight is crap and messes with everyone in the tank. Then once a month you wonder why your lights went out early
Ye but there are a lot of benefits to moon cycle ( if done right ) . I’ve been reading records that a lot of corals would spawn according to moon light , so I’d like to do it, just can’t figure it out
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new