Lurker here ready to get started! Nice to meet you!

Brom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I've been lurking around here for a few months now but I am now starting a remodel intended to incorporate my first reef tank into a wall to isolate my office/fish room! I've taken quite a bit of time reading, watching, googling, searching, reading again and getting inspired. I also have a coworker buddy who has been a decades long fishkeeper/LFS employee on the side nudging me just enough to get this all started.

A brief little background-I was born and raised in central IL which admittedly wasn't all that conducive to exploring my early and natural awe for the sea. While pursuing my undergrad I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity at 1000 volunteer/intern hours combined at the Shedd Aquarium and with the reef dept at Sea Life Park in Waimanalo, HI. I was lucky, and gained a lot, to be able to conduct all varieties of husbandry, research, and visitor education work experiences. I later pursued a MS in Biology and have since been able to attain a house and reef tank worthy job. I'm extremely excited to get back to the reef, and to go on this educational experience with my kindergarten age science-enthusiast daughter.

I'm learning all I can to start a 140tall in wall build. I started the build thread last night, although at this time it is more of a plan/design and get as much input as possible thread! It is here I would greatly appreciate your input to any of the questions I have posed there, or unsolicited advice too! Thanks!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
drawing-dolphins-hand-painted-dolphin-cartoon-image-and-fish-images.jpg

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I've been lurking around here for a few months now but I am now starting a remodel intended to incorporate my first reef tank into a wall to isolate my office/fish room! I've taken quite a bit of time reading, watching, googling, searching, reading again and getting inspired. I also have a coworker buddy who has been a decades long fishkeeper/LFS employee on the side nudging me just enough to get this all started.

A brief little background-I was born and raised in central IL which admittedly wasn't all that conducive to exploring my early and natural awe for the sea. While pursuing my undergrad I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity at 1000 volunteer/intern hours combined at the Shedd Aquarium and with the reef dept at Sea Life Park in Waimanalo, HI. I was lucky, and gained a lot, to be able to conduct all varieties of husbandry, research, and visitor education work experiences. I later pursued a MS in Biology and have since been able to attain a house and reef tank worthy job. I'm extremely excited to get back to the reef, and to go on this educational experience with my kindergarten age science-enthusiast daughter.

I'm learning all I can to start a 140tall in wall build. I started the build thread last night, although at this time it is more of a plan/design and get as much input as possible thread! It is here I would greatly appreciate your input to any of the questions I have posed there, or unsolicited advice too! Thanks!
You can add your build thread badge to your name by clicking on your account > account settings > then scroll all the way down and insert your link and hit save!
6D8AC798-2CD4-41D8-B253-3D9B2D4D8206.jpeg

Welcome to R2R! :)

Back