LX 7206 or LX 7204

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok GHL I am really considering these lights for a new build and I can not find much information on them other that people using them really like them.

Are there any preset programs with these?
How easy are they to setup through the app?
My new tank is 60"x24"x24" will be mostly SPS . will 2 LX 7206 work or would be better with 3 LX 7204 ?
As the tank grows out can and will supplement with light bars?
If I understand correctly 7206 has onboard controls and will work through the App or controller. 7204 no onboard controls and all through the app or controller. I am not planning at this time for a controller at the beginning but if lights and KH director work out then it is inevitable.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mitras LX7 is also equipped with a(n):

• Fast 32 Bit ARM-microcontroller with enough power reserve for future software extensions.
  • Efficient power supply with universal AC input (90 V – 264 V), protection class IP 67, with all relevant approvals (e.g. CE, TÜV, UR)

Both the 7x06 and 7x04 have the microcontroller and it have the exact same light features and programs that you have in p3 and p4

1606855967308.png

1606856071078.png

This is from a fixture in slave mode

Sincerely Lasse

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Chris,

Here are the answers to your questions. :)

Are there any preset programs with these?
There is a standard template already loaded onto the fixture which you can adjust to your liking. If you want, you can even browse through the collection of LX7 project files and pick one that you like best. There are also projects shared on the GHL Owners group on Facebook.

How easy are they to setup through the app?
Very easy. :)
This video shows you what to do:

My new tank is 60"x24"x24" will be mostly SPS . will 2 LX 7206 work or would be better with 3 LX 7204 ?
Both options have 12 clusters (3x 7204 or 2x 7206), it comes down to personal preference at that point. If your tank does not have a center brace, you can use 3x 7204 and evenly spread them out. Another idea would be to add 2x 7206 and 1x 7204 in the middle for extra light output. At the point, you may not even need to supplement with lightbars.

Here's an example of a 7206 and 7204 combo:
1606863413105.png

As the tank grows out can and will supplement with light bars?
Depending on how you plan to mount the lights, if you go with 3x 7204, you can always add an extra 7204 for additional lighting. Another option would be adding Mitras Lightbars in front and/or behind the fixtures. If you choose to add Lightbars later on, you can control them through any ProfiLux controller. :)

OP
OP
Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you this answers my questions. My Tank is euro braced no crossbar and external overflow. This will be the route that we head. I am thinking 3 7204. Atm I have been going through more of the videos and at some point we will be full GHL even though my current system is Apex.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back