Lympho or Ick? Or worms?? Please help

My600GallonLife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 of my angelfish have been having these white things on them. Both cases are different, I posted videos of both fishes to see if anyone can help me what is going on with them.
Please look carefully, on the emperor you can see how long those white things are, they move with the water.
They are on copper power 2.5, metroplex, kannaplex and Prazipro. I am treating the main tank,FOWLR.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
2 of my angelfish have been having these white things on them. Both cases are different, I posted videos of both fishes to see if anyone can help me what is going on with them.
Please look carefully, on the emperor you can see how long those white things are, they move with the water.
They are on copper power 2.5, metroplex, kannaplex and Prazipro. I am treating the main tank,FOWLR.
cant open videos. My secirity programs are stating Infected and it actually knocked out my computer. I had to start it back up
Any still pics under white light?
May be neo flukes or cestode worm but need to see images.
Is breathing normal?
Is fish eating ?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The queen looks completely different
This video knocked out my computer also and again. Im opening NO Videos !!!
Not sure what format youre using but muy computer never does this

OP
OP
My600GallonLife

My600GallonLife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant open videos. My secirity programs are stating Infected and it actually knocked out my computer. I had to start it back up
Any still pics under white light?
May be neo flukes or cestode worm but need to see images.
Is breathing normal?
Is fish eating ?
Breathing normal and eating.
Here are some pictures of both fishes.
484DB3AE-9547-458E-81F2-872008DA6261.jpeg
32E2F019-68A0-47DC-A7BB-40AEE953B2DF.jpeg
4A7534A5-842F-46ED-8E32-8448CBF41BA1.jpeg
B863B661-4E9D-4221-92F9-B7C685DD900D.jpeg
0A3457E7-0FA4-47F3-9726-73A9C47F4206.jpeg
B0F52988-9E90-4AC3-B255-B729364B0ECC.jpeg
5E66523A-4A43-4A6E-A0C1-C7739C15F52F.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to open the videos.

The emperor angel has mucus plugs. The queen angel is different, see how the lesions are eruptive, coming from under the skin? There is an internal fungus disease that can cause that called Ichthyophonus, but it isn't treatable. I have seen it go away on its own. The Queen angel might have that.

Here is some information I wrote about mucus plugs:

Skin mucus is normally invisible, but under certain stressful conditions (often caused by water quality issues, parasites or bacteria) the fish’s mucus production ramps up and the mucus coating thickens and becomes more visible. This can be especially notable over the fish’s eyes, or on dark portions of the skin. This can lead the aquarist to make the false assumption that it is only the eyes, or dark portions of the skin that are affected, when actually, it is just more visible in these areas.

Idiopathic mucus plugs/cones: Fish sometimes develop excess mucus that excretes from the producing skin cells and rather than spreading out along the body, rises up as a cone or a plug. These presumable develop from some sort of skin irritation. If you do a skin scrape on them, all you see is mucus. They do show up on dark colored fish more often, probably because the contrast makes them easier to see. The cause(s) for this is unknown. In some cases, they just go away, in other cases, the fish dies - but in those cases, it is probable that there was a secondary issue. There may be some correlation between copper sulfate use, or a reaction to a previous skin infection. There is also some strong correlation between this issue and the species of fish; surgeonfish, tetras and Anabantids are all known to develop this. Many people misdiagnose these mucus plugs as Cryptocaryon or Lymphocystis, but the plug or cone shape to the mucus is diagnostic to some degree.

Jay

OP
OP
My600GallonLife

My600GallonLife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to open the videos.

The emperor angel has mucus plugs. The queen angel is different, see how the lesions are eruptive, coming from under the skin? There is an internal fungus disease that can cause that called Ichthyophonus, but it isn't treatable. I have seen it go away on its own. The Queen angel might have that.

Here is some information I wrote about mucus plugs:

Skin mucus is normally invisible, but under certain stressful conditions (often caused by water quality issues, parasites or bacteria) the fish’s mucus production ramps up and the mucus coating thickens and becomes more visible. This can be especially notable over the fish’s eyes, or on dark portions of the skin. This can lead the aquarist to make the false assumption that it is only the eyes, or dark portions of the skin that are affected, when actually, it is just more visible in these areas.

Idiopathic mucus plugs/cones: Fish sometimes develop excess mucus that excretes from the producing skin cells and rather than spreading out along the body, rises up as a cone or a plug. These presumable develop from some sort of skin irritation. If you do a skin scrape on them, all you see is mucus. They do show up on dark colored fish more often, probably because the contrast makes them easier to see. The cause(s) for this is unknown. In some cases, they just go away, in other cases, the fish dies - but in those cases, it is probable that there was a secondary issue. There may be some correlation between copper sulfate use, or a reaction to a previous skin infection. There is also some strong correlation between this issue and the species of fish; surgeonfish, tetras and Anabantids are all known to develop this. Many people misdiagnose these mucus plugs as Cryptocaryon or Lymphocystis, but the plug or cone shape to the mucus is diagnostic to some degree.

Jay
Jay thanks for the info!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I could also not open the videos - but agree - there are 2 different things going on.

OP
OP
My600GallonLife

My600GallonLife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emperor ended up full of white patches all over, mouth swollen and red.
Was able to cure them both using Polyguard! Just one dose and the queen was like new. Emperor took 2 doses.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back