Lyretail Anthias and QT

Aaron Stone

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
259
Reaction score
262
Location
Reno, NV
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How well do Lyretail Anthias hold up to Copper Power in quarantine. I am looking to get 5 but want to make sure I put them through the appropriate QT method.
 
Instead of copper, try Ruby Reef Hydroplex
I am not sure I am willing to JUST use the Hydroplex. Just not sure if a 10 minute dip is going to really knock everything out.

Sounds like it would be prudent to use it as a dip then into a copper based QT.
 
I am not sure I am willing to JUST use the Hydroplex. Just not sure if a 10 minute dip is going to really knock everything out.

Sounds like it would be prudent to use it as a dip then into a copper based QT.

They handle copper power or coppersafe just fine. A certain percentage of these do develop internal Uronema. That isn't contagious, but it also isn't treatable. I feel that lyretails from East Africa do better in this regard.

Here is the quarantine protocol I use for them:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/current-quarantine-protocol.825055/
 
I am not sure I am willing to JUST use the Hydroplex. Just not sure if a 10 minute dip is going to really knock everything out.

Sounds like it would be prudent to use it as a dip then into a copper based QT.
I have been using the Hydroplex for a little over a year. I do the dip, but then I also follow the QT directions for 28 days
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new