Möbius App time issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jgill70
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jgill70

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2020
Messages
556
Reaction score
108
Location
Edwardsville, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with the time changing on their mobius app. For the pas couple of days the app would randomly through out the day change the time to 3:30 am Feb 7 2174. This would either cause my lights to out if was during the day or not come on in the morning. I have tried to delete and reinstall the app and my AI Hydra 32 light and Orbit 2 pump but it is still happening. This is very frustrating as my corals are not getting the proper light. Please help!!!!
 
This has been an on going problem with mobius that they fail or refuse to fix. It's also the reason I'll no longer buy ecotech gear. It's not a huge deal with powerheads but it sucks when lights are on at 3am.
EDIT maybe try the my Ai app. I use it for my nero 3 and 5 pumps and an older hydra 26 light. It's much more reliable than mobius.
 
It's a known issue that has no definitive solution. Updates fixes for some but not all. If you see this happen, re-set your time manually in the app. It'll happen periodically, but you cannot do much else.

I do suggest filing a support ticket with Ecotech.
 
It's a known issue that has no definitive solution. Updates fixes for some but not all. If you see this happen, re-set your time manually in the app. It'll happen periodically, but you cannot do much else.

I do suggest filing a support ticket with Ecotech.
I opened a ticket this morning
 
+1 have had this happen multiple times in the past week, especially while out of town. House sitter called panicking because the lights didn’t come on.

To make matters worse, not being able to fix things from remote sucks!

Thankfully I had an iPad at home with the mobius app and walked her through how to set the time manually, but the issue repeated it’s self several more times.

What a huge disappointment!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new