M. Spongodes?

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking this is what this is, but can someone confirm for me?
IMG_5035.jpg

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does look close to Anacropora, but that flat branch part makes me think M. Spongodes or some other type of branching monti. Mine has a couple of those, and I've never seen that growth on a Anacropora.

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it's spongodes. Depending on flow it can take many growth forms. This is a frag I cut a couple months ago on my rack that has similar growth to yours. Not a great pic since glass is dirty but you can get the picture

20181211_200133.jpg

markalot

Comic Relief
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a new one for me... never heard of it. A quick google search and that looks a lot closer to what I have than a Spongodes.

I have what's called a blueberry capitata. Green bumpy skin, it will plate but seems to grow branches faster than a spongodes, and the polyps are blue/purple. I have an unnamed one as well with dull maybe purple polyps, not as green. I keep both on the sandbed where they slowly wander and stick up branches.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not spongodes. Im not sure what it is, but i got a freebie with an order i made and it looks just like that. Let me see if i can find name for you. I have mine in sand.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back