Mack’s Reef dino support group

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Jason..... I’m glad to hear your ok, or as ok as you can after something like this.

As far as the dino’s, do you know what, life is to short to worry about things like that and I know they have been driving you crazy.

If it were me, and finances permitting, if your tank is not making you happy, infact the opposite, ditch it and buy yourself a clean shiny new one, Dino free, and enjoy yourself again. It’s supposed to relax you not stress you out.

As we all get older I think you learn life is really to short. When your 20 your invincible, 30 not quiet so, 40 start thinking and 50 (me last year) omg were has my life gone!

I wish you a speedy recovery Jason and best wishes my friend.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your kind words and support ...I gave an update of my situation in the other thread ...but I will post it here as well

Wow .!!!! Thankyou everyone for all your prayers and kind words and support and love ....
So here's an update ...
On Monday night while training Aikido ,I had an acute Heart attack , and being the stubborn person that I am most of the time , instead of calling for an ambulance I drove myself some 25 miles too the hospital (while still having a heart attack)..unfortunately for me i was too long in waiting ...I had too be rushed too another hospital by ambulance where they immediately operated on me ..I had not only a narrowing of the arterie but also a blood clot ...which has resulted in me having an abnormal heart rhythm as well ..I have now got another stent in my heart ..there is damage now too my heart because of this ...the extent of which is still not known ...I have also had an allergic reaction too the contrast fluid they used ..which is now in the process of burning it's way out all of my body from head too toe ...which is not very pleasant at all...
Good news is they have today released me from hospital and I'm back home again ,its going too be a long recovery again for me unfortunately...but it is what it is ...and I'm glad I'm still here too talk about it ..
All in all I'm doing ok I think ...although I dont think the seriousness has properly sunk in yet ...
Once again I would like too thank you all ..reading all the messages certainly helped lift my spirits ,and makes me feel even more part of this wonderful family on R2R..believe it or not but I'm actually crying while writing this ...I know I'm just a big wuss ...!!!

That is very scary to hear. Please be well Jason. You share a great point about calling an ambulance. An ambulance can usually get to you before you could get to the hospital. They can professionally assess the situation and immediately begin saving life and quality of life. Speeding through red lights in a panic is never good for your loved ones or yourself.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a new addition too the tank today ....a tuxedo urchin ....
20190316_181841.jpg

20190316_181849.jpg

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow I'm back in Hospital for a 2hr long infuse of medicine....
Not been feeling well this week and on top of that I've stopped smoking ....one more could kill me ...mentality certainly helps ....but still like a Bear with a sore head .....
Things are just not the same now ...and looking at my tank with all its problems , I'm not sure I have the strength too continue with it ....or even want too anymore ...
Lifes too short ....need too start ticking things of the bucket list......
Need too get strong ....
Need too be happy .....
Need too enjoy .....

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow I'm back in Hospital for a 2hr long infuse of medicine....
Not been feeling well this week and on top of that I've stopped smoking ....one more could kill me ...mentality certainly helps ....but still like a Bare with a sore head .....
Things are just not the same now ...and looking at my tank with all its problems , I'm not sure I have the strength too continue with it ....or even want too anymore ...
Lifes too short ....need too start ticking things of the bucket list......
Need too get strong ....
Need too be happy .....
Need too enjoy .....

Sad to think of, but I get it. We are all with you no matter what you decide.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life is to short Jason, do whatever is going to make you content now.

My wife and son smoke (I never have) but they have both stopped, using those ‘vape’ things if there any use with your condition. I think it’s just the habit thing.

Still drives me mad and I make them smoke outside with their pollutants! Lol.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I got my jebo 36w UV light ....its now sitting in the DT ..let's hope this can make a difference....blown all the rocks off a couple of times today ....tomorrow WC...and adding a hermit again and a Ctenochaetus Tominiensis (M)..

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How you feeling Jason?
Thanks for asking Fudsey ...
I'm feeling ok ....they've got me on beta blockers ..so I'm just taking things easy ...feel tired a lot of the time ....and light headed ...
I panic everytime I feel pain in my chest ...I dont trust my own body anymore ...
Feel like I'm on cruise control ...just gotta keep moving forward ....girlfriend is driving me crazy ... got too eat more veggies....eat more fruit...only 1 egg a week .....not allowed sugar......
I know she loves me and only wants what's best ....
I'm back in hospital next week for more tests and check ups ...and talking ....
I'll bounce back eventually....

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I've also reached the max dosing of DSR ez carbon
20190228_002032.jpg

Dosing 37.5 ml per day ...not seen any reduction in no3 ...carbon dosing just doesn't work in my tank .....my no3 sits 75-100 ppm ...maybe after a few good WC s ....maybe it's from die off of dinos .....so many maybe s...

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well adding the jebo 36w UV has been a big plus .....nearly all dinos are gone from what I can see ...only thing now is the bryopsis....and I've just ordered some reef flux for that ... will take some shots later ..when lights come on...but for now .....big improvement...

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well adding the jebo 36w UV has been a big plus .....nearly all dinos are gone from what I can see ...only thing now is the bryopsis....and I've just ordered some reef flux for that ... will take some shots later ..when lights come on...but for now .....big improvement...
I thought the UV would help. Hang in there Jason.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, heck of a way to catch up on your thread!

Hope you are feeling better and listening to your girlfriend. [emoji846]

At least she is trying to find ways to keep you around. [emoji846]

It's a lifetime of scrambled eggs but the egg white stuff isn't that bad.

I cook my bacon to the point where all of the fat is burned off and it's 'healthy'. [emoji846]
Lol, It always tasted better that way anyway, But now it's a health thing.

Lol, reprioritize whatever you need to.

But if you commit to taking decent care of yourself you could be good for another 30 years or more.

Better Half "died on the table" 3 times at 45. 75 this year and still going strong. [emoji846]

Here's to a strong recovery and many many many more good years!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 58 33.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back