Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting better!
Not sure really ...in the photos it doesn't seem so bad ...but in person ...all the rocks are covered...tank looks really red ...still think I've got dinos ....can't get my nitrates and phos down ....although the water is not so cloudy from the DSR carbon ..
20190228_002032.jpg

I'd got it up too day 5 when the water started clouding then I backed it off ...increased it again today so back onto day 4 ....i really think if I'd kept going following the instructions I would have had a bad algae bloom ....not sure where too go from here ...I have more silicate now but not sure if I should start dosing again yet ...

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you are winning the battle ! ! !

My GSP and zoas were the last to open back up and your GSP is looking better :)
I have algae growing on my zoas ..I've tried brushing off with a toothbrush softly ...but too no avail

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I did a 15%WC....today tank is looking a lot better....dinos are nearly gone now ...but still in a few spots ...my yellow doctor has started too pick at the algae that's growing..now I start to see a turn around finally....happy is an understatement....

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it me or is the bta touching your zoas? Kinda looks it in the video and couldn't that be why they are not opening?

Just a thought...
I think you might be right.. bta has probably dubbled in size last couple of months ..and normally he tends too hang under the rock ledge ...but hes been coming more out on top lately ...and the tentacles are much longer ...

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back in Hospital...I've had another heart attack...more serious this time I'm afraid ..

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back in Hospital...I've had another heart attack...more serious this time I'm afraid ..

God bless you my friend. May the heavenly Father keep you and protect you!

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your kind words and support ...I gave an update of my situation in the other thread ...but I will post it here as well

Wow .!!!! Thankyou everyone for all your prayers and kind words and support and love ....
So here's an update ...
On Monday night while training Aikido ,I had an acute Heart attack , and being the stubborn person that I am most of the time , instead of calling for an ambulance I drove myself some 25 miles too the hospital (while still having a heart attack)..unfortunately for me i was too long in waiting ...I had too be rushed too another hospital by ambulance where they immediately operated on me ..I had not only a narrowing of the arterie but also a blood clot ...which has resulted in me having an abnormal heart rhythm as well ..I have now got another stent in my heart ..there is damage now too my heart because of this ...the extent of which is still not known ...I have also had an allergic reaction too the contrast fluid they used ..which is now in the process of burning it's way out all of my body from head too toe ...which is not very pleasant at all...
Good news is they have today released me from hospital and I'm back home again ,its going too be a long recovery again for me unfortunately...but it is what it is ...and I'm glad I'm still here too talk about it ..
All in all I'm doing ok I think ...although I dont think the seriousness has properly sunk in yet ...
Once again I would like too thank you all ..reading all the messages certainly helped lift my spirits ,and makes me feel even more part of this wonderful family on R2R..believe it or not but I'm actually crying while writing this ...I know I'm just a big wuss ...!!!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your kind words and support ...I gave an update of my situation in the other thread ...but I will post it here as well

Wow .!!!! Thankyou everyone for all your prayers and kind words and support and love ....
So here's an update ...
On Monday night while training Aikido ,I had an acute Heart attack , and being the stubborn person that I am most of the time , instead of calling for an ambulance I drove myself some 25 miles too the hospital (while still having a heart attack)..unfortunately for me i was too long in waiting ...I had too be rushed too another hospital by ambulance where they immediately operated on me ..I had not only a narrowing of the arterie but also a blood clot ...which has resulted in me having an abnormal heart rhythm as well ..I have now got another stent in my heart ..there is damage now too my heart because of this ...the extent of which is still not known ...I have also had an allergic reaction too the contrast fluid they used ..which is now in the process of burning it's way out all of my body from head too toe ...which is not very pleasant at all...
Good news is they have today released me from hospital and I'm back home again ,its going too be a long recovery again for me unfortunately...but it is what it is ...and I'm glad I'm still here too talk about it ..
All in all I'm doing ok I think ...although I dont think the seriousness has properly sunk in yet ...
Once again I would like too thank you all ..reading all the messages certainly helped lift my spirits ,and makes me feel even more part of this wonderful family on R2R..believe it or not but I'm actually crying while writing this ...I know I'm just a big wuss ...!!!

Jason, I know that feeling of helplessness all to well. It's a humbling experience. It's made me a softer person. I don't get upset with anything anymore, especially my grandkids. I look at life and my existence here on Earth differently now. God's not done with me! He's not done with you as well.

Keep your head up and pray when your down. He hears you. (I'm tearing up writing this as well!)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back