MACNA / Jet Blue

Countrybob

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
81
Reaction score
11
Location
Western Mass
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, just a heads up. If you plan on attending MACNA in September Jet Blue has an amazing deal. I just booked air fare from Bradley to Washington from Sept 3rd returning on the 7th, 2 people for $136.00. You can't drive there for that :angel:
 
Really good deal, thanks for the info!!!
 
Wow! pretty cheap. Maybe the oil prices are finally having an effect.
 
I have to check with the air lines. If I have to I'll ship them. I'm sure there will be plenty of Styrofoam containers for the taking.
 
I have to check with the air lines. If I have to I'll ship them. I'm sure there will be plenty of Styrofoam containers for the taking.
Usually there are not enough styrofoam containers at all and venders will try and buy them off each other....if you plan on needing one I would just USPS one to the hotel before you leave.
 
We were planning on taking the train. Easy on and off to get to the hotel and no issues with our carry-ons.

But the price of the roundtrip JetBlue is amazing.

The thing that I'm worried about is if we fly down, we'd most likely have to ship the stuff back.
FedEx and UPS do not ship on Sundays. So even if you make it to one of their locations on Sunday to ship your coral/goodies home, they won't leave that center until Monday evening for an arrival on Tuesday.

You would need a 48hr heat pack (minimum).

I'm going to do some searching on the MACNA threads from last time around. There were a bunch of discussions about bringing corals on the planes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new