Macro algae and corals?

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s cool! I have one tiny piece of chaeto at the moment.
It takes time to establish that balance of enough nutrients to feed your cheato, (especially a small sprig like you have) and not feed nuisance algae like bubble, or green hair algae or turf algae. You probably should consider buying or trading for more macroalgae. If you live near any aquarists who keep macroalgae, they might be happy to just give you some for free. I just threw away 2 fistfuls of cheato, ulva, gracilaria hayi and red gracilaria because they grow so much they crowd the rest of the tank. I wished I knew someone who could use it but I don't. It's a shame because those macros are full of good pods and worms.

OP
OP
Oiseaufeu

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes time to establish that balance of enough nutrients to feed your cheato, (especially a small sprig like you have) and not feed nuisance algae like bubble, or green hair algae or turf algae. You probably should consider buying or trading for more macroalgae. If you live near any aquarists who keep macroalgae, they might be happy to just give you some for free. I just threw away 2 fistfuls of cheato, ulva, gracilaria hayi and red gracilaria because they grow so much they crowd the rest of the tank. I wished I knew someone who could use it but I don't. It's a shame because those macros are full of good pods and worms.
Thank! Saddly, there are no aquarists near me that do saltwater. Well, there are some, but nowhere close to me in commute.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank! Saddly, there are no aquarists near me that do saltwater. Well, there are some, but nowhere close to me in commute.
@Oiseaufeu
Consider starting a regional marine aquarium club. When I first started marine aquariums, Louisiana had one marine hobby club. We hosted 4 frag swaps a year.

I hosted one on my 20 acre homesite in DeRidder with 50 arriving from all over the Pelican State. Besides coral and reef fish, the theme was who was “Boudin King” and I won with Best Stop.

Shalom,
Patrick

Shalom (Hebrew: שָׁלוֹם šālōm') is a Hebrew word meaning peace and can be used idiomatically to mean hello.[1][2]

Shalom in Hebrew

Look up shalom or שלוםin Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
As it does in English, it can refer to either peace between two entities (especially between a person and God or between two countries), or to the well-being, welfare or safety of an individual or a group of individuals. The word shalom is also found in many other expressions and names. Its equivalent cognate in Arabic is salaam, sliem in Maltese, Shlama in Syriac-Assyrian and sälam in Ethiopian Semitic languages from the Proto-Semitic root Š-L-M.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you fly in to Austin, I will “gift you” more seaweed than you can eat.

With 300G inside, 250G on pea gravel play set 500G buried in ground in Rubbermaid tanks and a 20’ by 40’ greenhouse that held 10KG.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
Oiseaufeu

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Oiseaufeu
Consider starting a regional marine aquarium club. When I first started marine aquariums, Louisiana had one marine hobby club. We hosted 4 frag swaps a year.

I hosted one on my 20 acre homesite in DeRidder with 50 arriving from all over the Pelican State. Besides coral and reef fish, the theme was who was “Boudin King” and I won with Best Stop.

Shalom,
Patrick

Shalom (Hebrew: שָׁלוֹם šālōm') is a Hebrew word meaning peace and can be used idiomatically to mean hello.[1][2]

Shalom in Hebrew

Look up shalom or שלוםin Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
As it does in English, it can refer to either peace between two entities (especially between a person and God or between two countries), or to the well-being, welfare or safety of an individual or a group of individuals. The word shalom is also found in many other expressions and names. Its equivalent cognate in Arabic is salaam, sliem in Maltese, Shlama in Syriac-Assyrian and sälam in Ethiopian Semitic languages from the Proto-Semitic root Š-L-M.
That’s cool! I’m pretty sure that there are clubs for this hobby where I live, but there’s not a lot of people in there and I don’t know any.

OP
OP
Oiseaufeu

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you fly in to Austin, I will “gift you” more seaweed than you can eat.

With 300G inside, 250G on pea gravel play set 500G buried in ground in Rubbermaid tanks and a 20’ by 40’ greenhouse that held 10KG.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Your tanks are very beautiful! I don’t know how this would work since planes limit liquids and also have big restrictions on fish in planes for so many reasons. I’d go to the closest states to me if I had to grab something for my tank.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tanks are very beautiful! I don’t know how this would work since planes limit liquids and also have big restrictions on fish in planes for so many reasons. I’d go to the closest states to me if I had to grab something for my tank.
Pardon the poetic license. Consider driving to Pittsburg. I on
That’s cool! I’m pretty sure that there are clubs for this hobby where I live, but there’s not a lot of people in there and I don’t know any.
@Oiseaufeu
Excuse my bluntness. How old are you?

You posted on r2r hobby website with 200K people.

”but I don’t know any“

OP
OP
Oiseaufeu

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardon the poetic license. Consider driving to Pittsburg. I on

@Oiseaufeu
Excuse my bluntness. How old are you?

You posted on r2r hobby website with 200K people.

”but I don’t know any“
I’m 27, but don’t have any close person to me that are in the hobby. I also meant close to me, because I don’t drive. I’m too anxious to drive and I’m working very hard on my anxiety.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back