Macro Algae Lighting

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2020
Messages
2,215
Reaction score
8,522
Location
Madison, WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an AI Prime 16HD. I have had calcified macro algae’s in my tank for about a week. They had arrived in the mail after a week and a half of shipping (it was really late). They were still green when they arrived. However, they are now pale and I’m concerned they might be dead or dying. I am in a ugly phase of my tank, since it’s still only 2 months o

529B2249-C586-47CA-9C43-B3CBF0ECE2AF.jpeg

E15966C0-A369-4768-AC44-36D6472CAE4C.jpeg
My current spectrum settings are
UV 40%
V 40%
RY 60%
B 100%
G 30%
DR 20%
ML 0%
CW 100%

Should I change my spectrum settings? Or are they dead and I should just replace them?

Also, my nitrates are in the 10’s. Ca is 420
 
From what I see in my macro algae tank, macros sometimes turn pale/white but they somehow recover or grow new branches after a while. I was worried initially but I let them be and they seem to be growing now.
 
From what I see in my macro algae tank, macros sometimes turn pale/white but they somehow recover or grow new branches after a while. I was worried initially but I let them be and they seem to be growing now.
I’ll wait another few weeks. I upped the flow for now. It was kind of low
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new