Macro-algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter krs14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
3O nitrate is ok. Your tank is still new it will still experience swings. If you want macros add them, personally I love how they look do I would add them regardless. If you do add some make sure to stay away from anything calcified like mermiad's fan. Calcified macros don't grow well in new tanks.
I would love to add them they are definitely a beautiful addition to the tank but maybe down the road it would be best to add them, right? I don’t want to overdo it too much. I was just nervous about my nitrates because I had some people telling me all different things and I started to freak out so I was researching the best things to lower my nitrates but as long as my nitrates are fine for now I am not too worried. I am going to do a water change, hopefully they will go down a little bit then as well.
 
I would love to add them they are definitely a beautiful addition to the tank but maybe down the road it would be best to add them, right? I don’t want to overdo it too much.
Once you have a steady source of nitrates you could add them. How many fish and inverts do you have?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new