macro lens

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tanked
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have no idea what's available for that camera, but something in the 100-mm range will serve you well.
Gary
 
Tanked sent me this PM:
"They sell a 70-300 as well as a 55-200,which do you think would be best.I am sure there is others but these are in my price range."

Tanked: Moving this back to the thread. Others can't gain knowledge if the thread discussion is moved to the PM channel.

Standard lenses do not have the close-focusing capabilities of macro lenses. Check the specs for those two lenses to see what the minimum focusing distance is. Chances are that the minimum distance is not very close, rendering them unusable as macro lenses. Look to see if Sigma or Tamron make Sony mounts for their 105 and 90 macro lenses, respectively.

Gary
 
Thanks Gary will do.I just got this sony a200 for a early xmas present so I am checking to see what is best before I go into it blind.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new