Macroalga id

FchriReefID

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2024
Messages
16
Reaction score
26
Location
Indonesia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had bought this macroalga few months back, I always thought it was C. racemosa, but I noticed the difference in its frondes (stalk) that grow shorter than the C. racemosa image I found in the internet that had tall frondes sprouting from the stolons. Is it just individual variation or I had different species?

IMG_20240914_172016.jpg IMG_20240914_172024.jpg
 
Is it just individual variation or I had different species?
If it's noticeably different, I would assume it's a different species - I'm not familiar with all of the Grape Caulerpa species, but some that look remarkably similar include:

C. cylindracea
C. geminata
C. lentillifera
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new