Mag float mini pads?

  • Thread starter Thread starter konatown
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

konatown

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2021
Messages
381
Reaction score
213
Location
us
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to the mag float.. I have a flipper magnetic glass cleaner, and it has a soft felt inside the tank to clean the algae off the glass.

I ordered a mag float mini (the tiny one 2” or so) for a nano tank, and the wet side is like hard scratchy Velcro. It does not do a good job at cleaning the glass, it just scratches the algae off like the Hook side of Velcro would. I see there are replacement pads for most of the mag floats, but not for the mini in particular. Am I missing something? Lol

I tried using some filter floss/pillow stuffing as a scrubber, but it is a little annoying
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new