Mag Nem Help

Kerbash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

So I just got this mag nem from my lfs, around 2 days ago, his mouth was a bit loose so I just dropped him into an antibiotic QT tank (since Im treating one of my acro anyway). So it looks much better now mouth shut and sticky never deflated or anything like that. BUT last night and this morning he has been warping like a quarter of his disk around his mouth for like an hour or so and expelled this weird white thing from his mouth, it happened twice already, once last night and once in the morning.

I would normally not worry if it was my BTA because I would assume its food but I havent fed him anything yet at all and its quite a large chunk of white ball. Should I be concern?

Thanks

IMG_2904.jpg IMG_2905.jpg

OP
OP
Kerbash

Kerbash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if they feed it at the LFS before you picked it up?
Im not really sure. I special ordered it from my lfs, it was still inside the shipping bag when i got him.

I took a time lapse of what he is doing, the white filament seems to be coming out of his tentacles, then he suck the tentacle in his mouth, I guess like humans sucking our fingers when we eat fry chicken :p? not sure is that normal.... you can see it really well in the vid

Attachments

• trim.2CF9F585-6094-4688-80DE-1B64BC6AE449.mov
    6.9 MB

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Im not really sure. I special ordered it from my lfs, it was still inside the shipping bag when i got him.

I took a time lapse of what he is doing, the white filament seems to be coming out of his tentacles, then he suck the tentacle in his mouth, I guess like humans sucking our fingers when we eat fry chicken :p? not sure is that normal.... you can see it really well in the vid
Could be the medicine nems will collect little bits of the medicine powder and then excrete it I see it all the time in nems I’m treating

JonezNReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think the filament is the inner tissue possibly protruding from an injury. I had a Mag with missing tentacles and small lesions on it that had a similar look and moved similar to how yours does.

OP
OP
Kerbash

Kerbash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the filament is the inner tissue possibly protruding from an injury. I had a Mag with missing tentacles and small lesions on it that had a similar look and moved similar to how yours does.
huh i see ill keep my eyes out for any injury

Could be the medicine nems will collect little bits of the medicine powder and then excrete it I see it all the time in nems I’m treating
ok thanks that takes a bit of pressure off my chest

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
huh i see ill keep my eyes out for any injury

ok thanks that takes a bit of pressure off my chest
Messentrial filaments , it’s the insides , sometimes my nems will have it come out of base / tentacles usually a sign of stress / acclimation. Just let it be and it will recover it looks very healthy

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back