Maggie's Mixed Reef Build V3, now a 75!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully just damage , you could FW dip and see ,if you can ??
Good first step. Closer examination.

If flukes, then treating fluke's is generally pretty easy. Can be done in tank. Minimum two doses, 6 days apart, with a large water change in between if possible.

You'll have to turn your skimmer off as it will go nuts. Clouding and bubbles on the surface of the water are also par of the course during treatment.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I Don't know, but leaning toward clumps?
My first time with flukes. Prazi, right? Separate treatment tank or can I treat in here?

Prazi is pretty safe to use. I never lost anything to prazi. Ever, not even a feather duster. Just follow instructions and use actual water volume. Don't go with what the manufacturer says the aquarium is.

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good first step. Closer examination.

If flukes, then treating fluke's is generally pretty easy. Can be done in tank. Minimum two doses, 6 days apart, with a large water change in between if possible.

You'll have to turn your skimmer off as it will go nuts. Clouding and bubbles on the surface of the water are also par of the course during treatment.
What's the best way to go about the freshwater dip? Do you have to buffer for ph?

Which is the preferred product? I see many options.

No skimmer yet, and I can add an O2 stone.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the best way to go about the freshwater dip? Do you have to buffer for ph?

Which is the preferred product? I see many options.

No skimmer yet, and I can add an O2 stone.
Match your temp and ph as closely as possible.

I use Prazi pro exclusively. Aerate the fresh water wine dipping and surface again is important.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I did get the damsels. Honestly I was still a little unsure at the store, me and the owner talked and stared at the tank for a while, but after looking at so many damsel pictures, he had a great book it was old school but it worked, we both thought it had to be the springeri.

I thought, well, I have the frag tank, I'll put them in there until I know for sure. Bagging them they all went black, honestly pretty cool how fast they turn black to hide and and quickly they go back to blue. I remember reading that.

At home they instantly colored blue and have the black flecks. So pretty in my lights. Stores' lights were not becoming of them.

I did get 3, I wanted to see how they interact as a group, and I'll likely keep them in here for a little while so I can see the interactions between them. So far they all huddle together. They ate calmly, and are exploring. Not much going on in the frag tank though so I'm sure they'll act different once I add them to the bigger tank.

IMG_20230425_143955914_HDR.jpg
There's no black spot on the dorsal, right?

1682553026201.png

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Match your temp and ph as closely as possible.

I use Prazi pro exclusively. Aerate the fresh water wine dipping and surface again is important.
Tank was even 8.0 and tap was 7.4. I just painted the bottom of a 1g container and I'll buffer water and prep for dip tomorrow. It's not showing any breathing signs or flashing so I'll wait for tomorrow morning when my household is calm and not busy. I doubt my local place will have it but I'll check tomorrow, or order if I need to. Thanks for your response!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank was even 8.0 and tap was 7.4. I just painted the bottom of a 1g container and I'll buffer water and prep for dip tomorrow. It's not showing any breathing signs or flashing so I'll wait for tomorrow morning when my household is calm and not busy. I doubt my local place will have it but I'll check tomorrow, or order if I need to. Thanks for your response!
Is there any way you can try to get better pictures of it?

Kind of looks like fungus to me

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way you can try to get better pictures of it?

Kind of looks like fungus to me
I'll try to get better pics. Hard little fish to photograph. Video was the clearest, boy I'll clean glad inside and out and see if that improves the pics.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'll try to get better pics. Hard little fish to photograph. Video was the clearest, boy I'll clean glad inside and out and see if that improves the pics.
take video then get stills out of that?

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not get any pictures. Honestly can't see anything on him that was there yesterday. No other fish look weird in the gills either.

They all have nipped tails though, and I see mild chasing. I'm hoping this is from the cramped and low cover set up. They eat like pigs so I'm feeding often to try to keep them satisfied. I'm torn on how long to continue to monitor them or when and which ones to transfer. There does seem to be one in particular that does most of the chasing, but it's tail is also nipped so I'm not really sure on dynamics here.

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some may know, but I am trying to have a little side hustle of selling hand towels, and here are some new designs I just did. Same Saying, "Just One More... I Promise" but with interchangeable tank, coral, fish pictures. Same design will work for mugs too, for those that remember me asking what size coffee cups are most popular.

Attachments

• Just One More, I promise.png
    Just One More, I promise.png
    143 KB · Views: 38

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some may know, but I am trying to have a little side hustle of selling hand towels, and here are some new designs I just did. Same Saying, "Just One More... I Promise" but with interchangeable tank, coral, fish pictures. Same design will work for mugs too, for those that remember me asking what size coffee cups are most popular.
My saying is, "1 more something. For now." :loudly-crying-face: I'm weak.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favorites is the One more coral and the One more fish with the Hippo

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Mushroom split again. Funny how some mushrooms split and others move slightly leaving babies behind. This one's definitely a splitter. So crazy how it looks in the process, usually takes 2 or 3 days and it looks totally separate and round again.
IMG_20230430_172507358.jpg

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well still waiting on coral delivery... Usually my stuff is on the first truck, 10:30ish, but it's 1:15 now so must be on 2nd truck which I usually see around 2:30.

Meanwhile, in the frag tank. Some random stuff I had in the Evo.
IMG_20230502_131139869.jpg
IMG_20230502_131125493.jpg

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back